2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Civic 1.8 :)

Black 
4K views 43 replies 19 participants last post by  nasa1982 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys new to the fourms so thought id post pic of my car tell me whatcha think thanks!

Also was wondering if i should go for the type r kit? or just colour code what i have on now :S

See less See more
#10 ·
Personally, I'd say there was no point in fitting coilovers, to a 1.8 - total overkill for street use, and pointless on a track due to the BHP available ...

The good new is, it seems that you already have half (or more than half) of a good suspension update ...

Assuming that your lowering springs are the 'progressive' type (e.g. - like those from Eibach or Tein), then all you need now are better shocks ...

And, adding shocks will be damned sight cheaper than migrating to coilovers ! ...

I fitted Koni FSDs - only option I could find in 2009 - there are now a few more possibilities knocking around, but the Konis seem to get the best reviews ...

#12 ·
Yeah Eibach is what I got so maybe I'll just go with shocks instead. :)

And the money you save, will go a long way to pay for some of the following (for example) :-
  • Rear Spoiler ('Trunk' or 'Lip' - no "CTR-alike" parts !)
  • Wheel spacers - 10mm to 20mm - depends on wheel
  • Colour coding the existing plastic trim - not staining
Alternatively, you should perhaps be looking at a brake upgrade first - disks, pads, hoses, fluid - lots of aftermarket choice now - better and much cheaper then OEM ...

#21 ·
Finally, some after-market wheels... glad to see those instead of OEM's..;)

#25 ·
Good start ! ...

Tip - when the colour coding gets done, include the fuel filler cap as well - looks 'slick' (imho) ...

#27 ·
Hey guys just quick update on whats happen spoiler painted and fitted and colour coding all round look amazing! Also civinfo sticker arrived but havent put it on yet! sorry for some of the blurry pics!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.