2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Interesting... The Equivalent of Autoexpress in France never mentioned the Civic as a rival for a Peugeot 307 or a Renault Megane... They just mentioned the Ford or the Golf as possible "other" choice ;-)

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
After reading that I'll think I'll pop out and get one!

......oh silly me!

"I put a blank cd into the player and turned up the volume.
My neighbour complained.
......he's a mime!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Interesting... The Equivalent of Autoexpress in France never mentioned the Civic as a rival for a Peugeot 307 or a Renault Megane... They just mentioned the Ford or the Golf as possible "other" choice ;-)
Why am I not surprised?
Over here Volvo wins every road test hands down!

But the Civic beat Kia Ceed, Dodge Caliber & Toyota Auris in one test and the Type-R beat the Opel / Vauxhall Corsa hot-hatch thingy (but that one had a triangular exhaust...)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bought my copy today so show off to my ** who wants a Focus ST. It's not even in the running! And who wants to look like a baked bean anyway :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why am I not surprised?
Over here Volvo wins every road test hands down!

)
Don't Volvo and Saab use French Engines these days! Sh*te if you ask me. French Rubbish! Common Poo made by P..........s.[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Don't Volvo and Saab use French Engines these days! Sh*te if you ask me. French Rubbish! Common Poo made by P..........s.[smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

No.

Volvo had a Peugeot / Citroen v6 back in the 80s, but other than that it is generally their own engines.
Recent exception is the Ford Flexifuel 1.8 engine (ethanol and petrol) and they have also "borrowed" some diesels over the years.
Volvo are part of Ford, but probably for sales if anyone is interested?

Saab are owned by GM and have used some modified versions of Vauxhall / Opel engines, v6s and diesels I think.

·
Registered
375 Posts
No.

Volvo had a Peugeot / Citroen v6 back in the 80s, but other than that it is generally their own engines.
Recent exception is the Ford Flexifuel 1.8 engine (ethanol and petrol) and they have also "borrowed" some diesels over the years.
Volvo are part of Ford, but probably for sales if anyone is interested?

Saab are owned by GM and have used some modified versions of Vauxhall / Opel engines, v6s and diesels I think.
I'll have to leave Saab alone then!
Volvo - French Poo. Smell of onions and all of that! Not really only Joking really. LOL :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
I'll have to leave Saab alone then!
Good idea. I don´t touch them with a barge pole.

Volvo - French Poo. Smell of onions and all of that!
Well the one engine they did get from France was the least reliable engine they ever had.

But do try to use a bit less offensive language please.
We are far off topic as it is and with this kind of offensiveness we will soon get recycled.

·
Registered
375 Posts
But do try to use a bit less offensive language please.
We are far off topic as it is and with this kind of offensiveness we will soon get recycled.
It was only a joke LOL [smilie=cheeky-grin:

People can drive whatever car they like, as long as I can drive whatever make of car that I like in return. Sounds fair to me!

I don't really have a particular dislike when it come to cars, although there is only a select group of cars/ makes that I would ever own myself.

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Ok so French makers are excluded.
For the record, I don´t disagree with THAT, I just found the language horribly offensive to our French friends.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ok so French makers are excluded.
Actually I have owned 3 Citroen's, Cars and a Van in my time. I also think that the New Clio is Nice! I like Honda, Vauxhall/Opel (I was sitting in the new VXR8 / Holden last night), Merc', Mitsubishi, Dodge, Audi and VW. Just to name a few. Notice the distinct lack of Ford and Renault in the list! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Registered
375 Posts
For the record, I don´t disagree with THAT, I just found the language horribly offensive to our French friends.
For the record, I think the only good thing about France, is that its far enough away from England that we can't smell it! LOL:D

I was only joking, so just Chill Out and Calm Down Sonny Boy! :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
For the record, I think the only good thing about France, is that its far enough away from England that we can't smell it! LOL:D

I was only joking, so just Chill Out and Calm Down Sonny Boy! :D
I think it was once suggested that the only good thing you could to with French cars was to use them to block up the Channel Tunnel to stop any more from coming across!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts