2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I heard some exciting rumors I want to share with you:

1. MY2014 is the official Civic facelift. There will neither be a second facelift nor new engines next year
2. The 9G Civic will be replaced by the 10th Generation in 2016 (probably including turbos)
3. The test mule of a Civic and a Tourer that was seen a couple of days/weeks ago might be a Typ S

Source is a local dealer who seemed to be very well informed.

Discuss!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
I think they are right....

The policy of Honda (and most car companys) New model...2 years later a facelift model.
And then a complete new model.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Maybe they run next to eachocther 9G Type R and 10G's

It took two....and if introduced three years to get a Type R.

And those turbo's on 10G, guess they aren't muscle turbos.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
Manufacturers normally get 6 years from a model with a facelift somewhere in the middle

Focus RS was only made for the last year of production

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Your dealer is wrong, There will be a facelift for 2015... New headlights and rear lights and other cosmetic changes, to tie in the Type R launch at Paris Motor Show in October. They probably will have the new engines and definitely no 3dr.

2014 was only minor cosmetic changes, additional kit and suspension set up, again to tie in with the launch of the Tourer.

10th Gen will be announced or shown probably at Paris Motor Show 2017 prior to going on sale early 2018.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
^ That's what I think. It'd be strange if they offered the old model (TypeR 9G) alongside the new one (10G).

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
The EP3 Type R was on sale alongside the 8g 'standard' cars. There was a small gap iirc before the FN2 came out for the 07MY.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I think they will release the new range of engines in the 9G! If they wait to do so until a possible launch of 10G 2016 they will instantly kill the sales of current 9G petrols, so I dont think so. I read an interview with a former Volvo development engineer , and he said that if not absolutely necessary due to the construction of a new model, car makers never puts out a new line of engines and a new model at the same time! It is much better to spread out the new goodies to keep the numbers up!

·
Super Moderator
21,007 Posts
8G was 2006
9G was 2012
10G more than likely 2018 ?

The only thing I can think of is poor sales or this new Android link that Honda are signing up for forcing an early major redesign but where would that leave the Type R ?

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
8G was 2006
9G was 2012
10G more than likely 2018 ?

The only thing I can think of is poor sales or this new Android link that Honda are signing up for forcing an early major redesign but where would that leave the Type R ?
Well they didn't race to include the iPhone integration they signed up to, so the android thing is unlikely to have an effect. Vehicle electronics moves at a strangely slow pace to me.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
I got told at the weekend that:

The Civic is being facelifted next year with new turbo petrol EarthDreams engines
New Type R next year (which we know about)
New Jazz next year
Mini SUV to sit alongside the Civic but smaller than the CRV within 12 months

Dealer was blaming the lack of new models on poor UK sales, with a majority of what they shift being the Jazz historically and the new SUV is hoping to bring more market share of the mini-SUV niche.

Should be an interesting 12 months.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would think that a 4 year model life cycle extremely short for Honda? I tend to keep my cars for 5 years then upgrade (in time for a new model). More typical would be 5 or 6 years. Take for example the Accord (euro) saloon with no confirmed replacement in sight (China only rumoured Spirior replacement is not counted).

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They should get rid of the split rear screen in the 10G and also revert back to a non digital speedo. I have a feeling some potential sales were lost due to those reasons. Myself, i think the digital speedo is excellent and don't mind the split screen. It tends to block the rear headlight glare of cars that tailgate at night.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
On a dutch car review of the 9G estate. According to their opinion. Honda focused to much on to get the roomiest estate in the class. And that they didn't focus on dashboard ergonomics and materials.
Cheap materials and old fashioned mid console. Like the clearly visible double Din audio part. That's indeed not done in 2014 with that price range of car.

I think it's not really that bad... But I like the dashboard design of the 8g more.
The exterior.... I like the both..

1 - 20 of 54 Posts