2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, possibly my first post. Been a member since purchasing the car jan 2017. The car was tinted and re-mapped immediately (Clutch slip within 2 weeks but still drivable nearly 18 months on). Thanks to this forum I have completed the how to on the the windscreen washer clogged filter fault (can't remember the author but thankyou very much). I have done my egr valve with a big thanks to immelman. I have repaired a bad diesel Fuel line with a serious leak, which I would have never attempted if it wasn't for the great guide on here. I have padded the aftermarket air filter it came with to rid that horrible exhaust blowing noise. Removed the exhaust heat shield when it started hanging off. Oil, filter and bulbs changed. Front discs and pads completed yesterday. I am by no means a mechanic or very skilled for that matter but this forum is truly great, some great idiot proof guides available ? thanks again guys.
Next mods - type r rear light cluster and a god damn clutch to rid that slip and stop these boy racers in the right hand lane at the lights. Any advice on which clutch would be great. I have trawled the other posts for info but a lot is now out of date.

Oh, and where do I get a Civinfo sticker to show my appreciation and be part of the clan.

Mike

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Hi all, possibly my first post. Been a member since purchasing the car jan 2017. The car was tinted and re-mapped immediately (Clutch slip within 2 weeks but still drivable nearly 18 months on). Thanks to this forum I have completed the how to on the the windscreen washer clogged filter fault (can't remember the author but thankyou very much). I have done my egr valve with a big thanks to immelman. I have repaired a bad diesel Fuel line with a serious leak, which I would have never attempted if it wasn't for the great guide on here. I have padded the aftermarket air filter it came with to rid that horrible exhaust blowing noise. Removed the exhaust heat shield when it started hanging off. Oil, filter and bulbs changed. Front discs and pads completed yesterday. I am by no means a mechanic or very skilled for that matter but this forum is truly great, some great idiot proof guides available ? thanks again guys.
Next mods - type r rear light cluster and a god damn clutch to rid that slip and stop these boy racers in the right hand lane at the lights. Any advice on which clutch would be great. I have trawled the other posts for info but a lot is now out of date.

Oh, and where do I get a Civinfo sticker to show my appreciation and be part of the clan.

Mike
Cluster is a good change, along with the indicator lights.

If you want to save a bit of money consider buying a vinyl / sticker to put on the OEM one and will save you £100.

Your niggles sound like almost everything I experienced too, quite funny!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts