2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Abp.

Just wondering what sort of price im looking at for fast road setup? The car is on eibachs already but there is a considerable amount of outside tire wear on the front wheels? Also I have just had a front shock replace which I imagine would knock any existing alignment out of place?

What options do you do?
Just fronts wheel alignment?
All round setup?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Hi Abp.

Just wondering what sort of price im looking at for fast road setup? The car is on eibachs already but there is a considerable amount of outside tire wear on the front wheels? Also I have just had a front shock replace which I imagine would knock any existing alignment out of place?

What options do you do?
All round setup?

Thanks

This interest me also.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi Abp.

What options do you do?
All round setup?

Thanks

This interest me also.
Thanks Farqui!

I've just copied some of the details from our alignment thread onto here to make it easier. But basically we do two options, depending on what you want.

We offer two options of alignment:

1) ABP Fast Road Set up for the front only. We measure the initial geometry settings and then install fully adjustable front camber bolts in the struts. We then set the front camber and alignment (toe) to our own fast road spec before the car receives its final road test ensuring correct steering wheel position. You will be given a full printed out before & after geometry report.

Front EIBACH adjustable camber bolts £25 inc vat
Labour to check geometry, fit EIBACH bolts and set front camber & toe to fast road spec £90.00 inc vat
TOTAL PRICE £115.00 inc vat

2) ABP Fast Road Set up for the front AND rear. We measure the initial geometry settings and then install fully adjustable front camber bolts in the struts. We also remove the rear hubs and install the correct required camber & toe shims. We then set the front & rear camber and alignment (toe) to our own fast road spec before the car receives its final road test ensuring correct steering wheel position. You will be given a full printed out before & after geometry report.
Front EIBACH adjustable camber bolts £25 inc vat
Rear EIBACH toe / camber shims @ £8.50 each inc vat (maximum of 4 required - usually less)
Labour to check geometry, fit EIBACH bolts, remove rear hubs and fit EIBACH shims, set front and rear camber & toe to fast road spec £150 inc vat
TOTAL PRICE £175 to £209 inc vat (dependent on number of shims used)

We do more 4-wheel (full FRS) than anything else. That way, we can guarantee the steering wheel being straight after we've set everything up and you see the biggest improvements, especially if we need to alter the rear using shims, which isn't done on just the front setup.

I hope this makes sense and helps :cool:

Rich

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for getting back to me on that. I'm getting a lot of outer tyre wear (more so than usual, but have just had a font right shock replaced) since that I have been having problems with slight knocking at the front so looking to find the knocking first get that sorted and then go for a fast road..I've replaced my drop links but I'm thinking the knocking is a suspension mount or the upper part of shock where the spring clips into...if I failed to identify the problem how confident would you guys be able to find/solve if I brought to you?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I'm pretty confident we could find the noise.

Let me know if you have any issues, or if you find the cause. We could always book it in to check, or if you're certain what is wrong, replace that part and then continue with the geometry and get it all setup to counter that wear on the tyres

Rich

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will let you know how I get on..going to try and diagnose the problem today..

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick question, if you get the fast road setup then later down the line replace a shock absorber on the front do you need to get the fast road done on the front again?

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Quick question, if you get the fast road setup then later down the line replace a shock absorber on the front do you need to get the fast road done on the front again?

Yes.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay the noise I seem to be having is coming from a loose bump stop that no longer fits around the shock absorber. When I got the eibach suspension fitted I never used the bump stops that come supplied in the box..I still have these. If I was looking to get the front geometry done at £115 how much extra would I be looking to replace the bump stop as well whilst you have the car on the ramp? Keeping in mind it would only be required on the front drivers side? Would it be better to do both bump stops?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Okay the noise I seem to be having is coming from a loose bump stop that no longer fits around the shock absorber. When I got the eibach suspension fitted I never used the bump stops that come supplied in the box..I still have these. If I was looking to get the front geometry done at £115 how much extra would I be looking to replace the bump stop as well whilst you have the car on the ramp? Keeping in mind it would only be required on the front drivers side? Would it be better to do both bump stops?

If there is no issues with the other side, there's no need to replace it. The only downside is, we've got to take that shocker off completely, compress the spring, remove the top mount and bush, replace the bump-stop and put everything back together. You'd be best getting an OE bump-stop from Honda (or i can), as the Eibach ones are a generic type, just to fit the piston size. They don't fit in to the dust-boot, so you'd have the same problem as you have now where it is not fixed into the top mount.

We'd be looking at £60.00, to remove the shocker, sort the boot and bump-stop. Then we'll set the geo to FRS on the front for just £115.00 (inc bolts).

Hope this makes sense!

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts