2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Very new to this! The battery in the key fob that operates the central locking on my 2000 Civic MB was flat so after a couple of months I changed it. The fob won't now operate the central locking. The key will still lock and unlock the car but it would be nice if somebody new of a fix to get the fob working too.

Many thanks,

Dave

·
more torque than the mrs
6,640 Posts
i had a very similar problem to you the new batteries i had put in from a motor store
for some reason didn't work even though the led lit up so off i went to the main dealer and put the batteries they use and it worked first time.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Theres a way of 'programming' the key to the car in the 8th gen civic.
I would assume theres a similar way of doing it for yours, will try and find the video...

EDIT:

Fount it:

Not sure if it will work on your generation of civic but it's worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Hello All,
Very new to this! The battery in the key fob that operates the central locking on my 2000 Civic MB was flat so after a couple of months I changed it. The fob won't now operate the central locking. The key will still lock and unlock the car but it would be nice if somebody new of a fix to get the fob working too.

Many thanks,

Dave
I believe on the MB (5 door) civic, the standard fob operated on infrared light (like a tv remote) as opposed to RF like the newer civics. I may be wrong, but I don't think the same method can be applied to reprogram the keyfob as is possible with the later models :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts