2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda Civic. I had it parked for some time and the battery went flat. Having recharged the battery I replaced it into the car and hooked things up.

keyless entry no longer working and upon opening with the key the alarm goes off. only way to stop alarm is to reprogram the fobs i.e position 1 then 2 and then lock x4.

however whilst this allows me to drive the car as soon as I lock and unlock the car manually the alarm goes off again. This leaves me either with a car that is not secure or a car that blare its siren each time i open it manually.

Tried reprogramming fobs, attached and reattaching battery and also cranking ignition with alarm... no luck. the fobs aren't remembered by the car either. want to look for a solution prior to taking it to a dealership.

Have read previous threads without any luck. any honda techs willing to give their expertise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fixed.
Turns out the keyless entry unit was faulty. Got a replacement from eBay for £25 (RRP £250), brand new battery for the siren £7 (RRP £500 for a new siren), new car battery £45. Stealership wanted £550+vat to change siren and 'go from there'. Used FLY 100 diag system no error codes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I am here for the first time and my experience and knowledge are not so vast...
The situation is very similar to the previous post: the original factory alarm (car was purchased from a dealer, so I hope so...) + central locking from the original fobs (x2). Recently the battery was replaced , and after it the siren has operated and whatever I did including removal the battery ground cable - did not help. I've cut off the siren cable and disconnected the connector from the alarm box under the steering wheel.
Actually, I don't need an alarm, but ability to open all the doors using the central locking with remote control fobs is really essential.
I tried to teach the fobs as described in the Service Manual, but unfortunately with no success... On the 4th time I can hear a click, so, as far as I understand, the key fob is learned, but after pulling out the key from ignition, nothing happens ...
Is it possible to do anything? If not, what are my options? Is it possible to put a different mechanism of central locking without disassembling the car too much?
Thanks in advance for any answer!
Sincerely, Victor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fixed.
Turns out the keyless entry unit was faulty. Got a replacement from eBay for £25 (RRP £250), brand new battery for the siren £7 (RRP £500 for a new siren), new car battery £45. Stealership wanted £550+vat to change siren and 'go from there'. Used FLY 100 diag system no error codes.
Where's the battery for the siren and where is the siren located and is it easy to change?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts