2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I have a Civic 2006 CTDI 2.2 Diesel - I locked it last evening with remote and now it is not responding to both my remotes, red light flashes in remotes so I am sure it's something wrong with the car and not remote.

I have been having problems with central lock on and off and I had realised this problem last evening itself when I had to return to my car within 5 minutes of locking and the central locking didn't respond to remote (so battery is not dead too) - I thought it might go away again this time when I try in the morning but its not responding at all to both remotes.

Only thing I need to know is if I open the car with key in the driver door - will it set off the alarm? :confused::confused::confused:
Central lock in my car is factory fitted.

Will appreciate quick response.

Cheers
PC

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I've done a manual unlock of mine with the key and the alarm didn't go off, must have a sensor in the door lock for the chip in the key or something. Worst case if the alarm goes off and you can't stop it thought it just disconnect the battery.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Could open up one of the remotes and check the battery contacts.
The other thing DOES WORK. You can enhance the signal by holding the remote against your head - try this.

I had a similar thing happen and YES, I set off the alarm.

Al.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It worked

Update: I just turned the key in the front door (without actually openning the door) and tried using my remote....guess what...that seemed to have triggered the circuit again and central lock started responding as usual.

thanks everyone for responding, I was ready with my tool kit next to me to take the battery out if alarm sets off.

Cheers
PC

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Update: I just turned the key in the front door (without actually openning the door) and tried using my remote....guess what...that seemed to have triggered the circuit again and central lock started responding as usual.

thanks everyone for responding, I was ready with my tool kit next to me to take the battery out if alarm sets off.

Cheers
PC
Well done. I know it's a different car but the fob on my wife's focus broke last week. The alarm went off when door opened using the key but went off when key was in the ignition and was able to use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts