2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My exhaust scrapes road humps, even at low speeds. Is it possible to change the rubber bungs holding it up, for shorter, firmer ones?

Also my radio reception is hit and miss, i have had a look, and unplugged all the connections that lead to the rear window, underneath plastic trims in the bootlid, with the radio on, yet no difference in quality.
Surely one of them should have made the radio produce just static, when unplugged?

Thirdly, is a front shock absorber change a tricky job? Any special tools required?
Cheers all!

·
Administrator
18,080 Posts
Your exhaust shouldn't drag even of your car is lowered. It sounds like it is either missed aligned or the hangers are fritz'd. Have you taken a look?

Had the zoorst been changed?

Replacement hangers are cheap enough and easy to fit

·
Honda Man Steve
663 Posts
From memory of when I changed my head unit, the aerial is powered, just pluggin in the aerial lead is not enough, make sure all the wires are getting a feed, can’t remember which wire it is that powers the aerial but I’m sure their will be a guide on here.

Has it worked in the past ? Has the headunit been changed or is it the stock one. Is this a new car to you or have these problems happened over time you haven’t really mentioned

As for the exhaust. As mentioned already, this should sit flush with the bottom of the car and be recessed so should not be visible at undernealth, sound like either the rubber hangers are perished or it has been replaced badly at some point.

Judging by the age of the car, I’d guess the latter is the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts