2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen some comments about a £500 5 year service package but I cannot find any reference to this on a Honda website. Has anyone taken this out or know where I can get this confirmed.

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I got this as part of my deal. It's offered on all Petrol Civics.

You get it at the dealer, at the time of purchase. I wouldn't recommend financing it though.

btw - the services stay with the car, so you can "sell on" the service with the car.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Has anyone heard a reason why this is not offered on Diesels?

Also, does it cover the cost of replacement brake pads, fuids etc when required.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I doubt it includes replaceable parts, although in my case I might be okay for the first couple of bits and pieces :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your prompt response. Can you advise what is included and what is specifically excluded. I did hear that it also includes the costs of MOT's after the 3rd year. Is this correct?

Brian

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Yes, I believe that it does include MOT costs from year 3-5.

I didn't manage to get a list of what was included and not included. I presume that anything like brakes and similar will be chargable still.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Would still like to know why the diesel is excluded - It is the same mileage between services I believe.

If it does not include brake pads etc, then I think the wording is quite misleading.

It is not called a "labour only service package"

The VW equivalent includes all service parts, as does the BMW. Not sure that it is such a good deal if it is labour only. They will be loading it up with cost of oil, filters, washers, brake fluid etc - could get costly on top of your £500 outlay.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I assume it covers just about everything. Will double check. I think they're sold on an insurance basis, so someone takes the risk of how much is needed.

The labour only service costs add up to about £700 at current prices anyway, btw.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
It won't cover tyres, obviously. I don't even think it covers brakes and discs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I thought it covered labour and standard parts required for the services, i.e oil and filters but exlucdes consumable parts like tyres and brake pads / discs.

However I am now going to go back and check...you guys have got me paranoid!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 5 year servicing deal on my 2.2 iCDTI. Hadn't seen anything that said it covered the diesel but just told the dealer I wanted the package when I ordered the car - and got it!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
5 year servicing deal - 2.2 iCDTI

I took the offer of the 5 year servicing deal on my 2.2 iCDTI ES I’ve just ordered, so it is available on diesels

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have been told by 2 seperate dealers that the diesel is NOT included in the 5 year service scheme. Did you get offered this or did you insist on it ?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I suspect the ones that are allowing it either use a different insurance scheme (unlikely), or are fiddling the system, by expensing a different non-covered service instead of the diesel.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
karlak said:
I have been told by 2 seperate dealers that the diesel is NOT included in the 5 year service scheme. Did you get offered this or did you insist on it ?
I was offered it and thought that it would be best for my situation as i'm not used to having to pay for services etc what with being in a company car scheme at the moment. I got it through Lindhill in Chelmsford Essex

1 - 20 of 39 Posts