2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the drill. Im a biker from the UK looking to get my first car. Im specifically looking at the Civic 8G 1.8 or 2.2 diesel only. No other car does it for me like the Civic. Mainly due to the styling inside and out.

Anyways, i have pretty much done all maintenance and work on my motorbikes myself and can safely say im pretty competent around engines etc all through the learning process. Motorbikes have huge forums with plenty of tutorials etc and trust old Haynes manual.

Im struggling to find a service/workshop manual for the Honda Civic 8th gen 2006 onwards. Most of the ones ive seen are for the American version, but i need EU or preferably UK spec.

Does anyone know where i can get one from, PDF or book. I've messaged a seller on eBay who is offering it on CD and asked if it was for UK spec model, but no reply. Ive also used the search function on this forum and havent really found anything relevant.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!! Would this be suitable for the FK2/FK3 models.

I just read this from this sites wiki:
These are Honda´s model designations.
FK1: 5 door 1.4 petrol
FK2: 5 door 1.8 petrol
FK3: 5 door 2.2 diesel
FN1: 3 door 1.8 petrol (Type S)
FN2: 3 door 2.0 petrol (Type R)
FN3: 3 door 2.2 diesel (Type S)
FN4: 3 door 1.4 petrol (Type S)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Not sure. I would imagine that the vast majority is the same between 3 and 5 door apart from obviously bodywork stuff

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Ok heres the drill. Im a biker from the UK looking to get my first car. Im specifically looking at the Civic 8G 1.8 or 2.2 diesel only. No other car does it for me like the Civic. Mainly due to the styling inside and out.

Anyways, i have pretty much done all maintenance and work on my motorbikes myself and can safely say im pretty competent around engines etc all through the learning process. Motorbikes have huge forums with plenty of tutorials etc and trust old Haynes manual.

Im struggling to find a service/workshop manual for the Honda Civic 8th gen 2006 onwards. Most of the ones ive seen are for the American version, but i need EU or preferably UK spec.

Does anyone know where i can get one from, PDF or book. I've messaged a seller on eBay who is offering it on CD and asked if it was for UK spec model, but no reply. Ive also used the search function on this forum and havent really found anything relevant.

Thanks in advance.
becoming a supporter on here could help there is a lot more help in the supporters bit,, well worth the £5

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
becoming a supporter on here could help there is a lot more help in the supporters bit,, well worth the £5
I will definitely become a supporter when i buy the car. The "How To's" alone will save me money when it comes to maintenance etc. Planning to purchase around September time. By then i will have 4 years NCB on the motorbike and i can get this transferred to the car as the savings are so much greater that way and start the bike again with 0 NCB.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I will definitely become a supporter when i buy the car. The "How To's" alone will save me money when it comes to maintenance etc. Planning to purchase around September time. By then i will have 4 years NCB on the motorbike and i can get this transferred to the car as the savings are so much greater that way and start the bike again with 0 NCB.
never knew insurance company's would change no claims from bike to car policy thats a good idea,,, i stopped riding about 5 years ago after a argument with a car driver who was driving with the Braille approach to driving,, eyes well shut, still miss my blade, when you buy one of these civic's just make sure its been loved with all paperwork,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
never knew insurance company's would change no claims from bike to car policy thats a good idea,,, i stopped riding about 5 years ago after a argument with a car driver who was driving with the Braille approach to driving,, eyes well shut, still miss my blade, when you buy one of these civic's just make sure its been loved with all paperwork,
Not all insurers will do such thing and you have to contact them directly via phone. Cant do it using comparison sites. Mind you i've read that you cannot transfer car NCB to bike, and for good reason too. Being 22 yo, makes a huge difference, i did a test quote with a car i saw on Auto Trader, approx £1300 with 0 NCB, and £700 with 3 years NCB both fully comp. Got a VFR800 at the moment, never had any issues with drivers really apart from a coach driver who tried to purposely knock me off my bike. But when i drove the missus's car i noticed how drivers attitude are completely different. I think because my bike is so loud it intimidates drivers and makes my presence noted lol. Got few friends with '98 model Blades, they love it!

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Not all insurers will do such thing and you have to contact them directly via phone. Cant do it using comparison sites. Mind you i've read that you cannot transfer car NCB to bike, and for good reason too. Being 22 yo, makes a huge difference, i did a test quote with a car i saw on Auto Trader, approx £1300 with 0 NCB, and £700 with 3 years NCB both fully comp. Got a VFR800 at the moment, never had any issues with drivers really apart from a coach driver who tried to purposely knock me off my bike. But when i drove the missus's car i noticed how drivers attitude are completely different. I think because my bike is so loud it intimidates drivers and makes my presence noted lol. Got few friends with '98 model Blades, they love it!
i had bikes from age of about 12 in fields etc and the woods great fun. then was on road at 16 . my last blade was 2008 model very loud in repsol colours,, had gsxr 1000 and 750 the 1000 was just one nuts 168bhp on back wheel, 4th gear 100mph wheelie's track days of course,, never on a public road officer...hmmmm ..

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Wow, where from mate, I'm 40, no NCB, no claims made and still paying 800 odd on a 1.8
2.2ex diesel 2007. fully comp with protected ncb, hire car legal cover and AA gold with me and wife on it, £370. 47 years young. last renewal, but used nfu for past 28 years,, had a couple of knock for knock claims in that time and they were very honest with values and never loaded the next policy to much. went on insurance compare websites and could of knocked £100 off that, but the peace of mind that this company will pay up without being rude about it, is worth £100 to us.. we do insurance work at work and some of the storys from customers who have used very cheap company's for cover are shocking, how they value your car after a accident. or how they have car repaired by one of there garages, who really dont give a dam about the car because its all done on the cheap. where someone lives is a massive difference to cost of cover, also where its parked night time,, ie locked garage at home is best answer to that question. also using it to commute loads the policy,, social and domestic best answer, doing a agreed mileage policy can save money. also installing dash cams front and rear, and sending paperwork to insurance company,, if you had a family member who lives in the country who you visit and stay at their house a lot, that could also help to lower premium but a very dodgy angle where proving car is kept there most of the time would need to be iron clad..

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
The "wiser folk" are always shocked at how much us younguns' pay for insurance lol!

I pay £1200 for fully comp on a 2.2 and im 22 as well.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Haynes don't currently do a Uk/EU spec manual for the 8G Civic.

I have emailed them !!

Rumour has it they are contemplating it though.

To be honest.. Most stuff you can find this awesome forum which is why it's worth the £5 if only for the sticker !

The only real other reason I can think of to want the manual (and I still do want it) is for the breakdown on how to do a clutch should the need ever arise !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts