2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread but thinking of upgrading the speakers in my Tourer. What size etc do I need and relevant adapters?
Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread but thinking of upgrading the speakers in my Tourer. What size etc do I need and relevant adapters?
Thanks,
Michael
Rear speakers are same size / shape as front: 6.5 inch. In the attaced pictures i have done sound deadening for the rear doors. Not quite finished as i still have to replace the protection film with sound deadening. New speakers. Focal Pc165 sound good but they definetely need a small amp as the original HU doesn't have the power to drive them. For front i have also purchased Focal component speakers; i'll post some pics when i'll finish the job.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
The result is as expected so far.(rear doors are more solid and the road noise seems to have deminished). I'm still looking for some spare time to install a small amp and the front speakers. Hope to do it next month.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finished installing the sound deadning for the front doors, the pioneer small amp gm d1004 and the front speakers. Result is .... OMG... the sount quality is.... you have to hear it to understand. Volume is about twice as much with enough base. Clarity in unbeliveble.
ADVICE: For those wanting to upgrade only the speakers think about getting one of these amps Alpine ktp 445 or the pioneer that i have gm d1004, otherwise you are wasting money. Shoot any questions you have this is easier than you think. Sorry for not taking more pics.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sorry for bringing up an old thread, but can you please show me a link of which adapters you used?
Theres a lot of them out there and they don't all seem to fit.. The one linked in this thread is different to the one used in the photos?? :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used MDF adapters from here>( D.MDF.HONDA03 4CARMEDIA - Distan?ier | TME - Componente electronice )
and I had to drill 2 holes for the bottom end. Please be advised that i had to trim some metal (left and right holes where the speaker cable lies in the pic ) because the speakers wouldn't fit. This only happened for the front speakers where i have the Focal RSE-165. In the back i have the coax Focal PC165 + the same MDF as in the front and they fitted nicely. It is all due to how the speakers are built. Take a look at these as they can be mounted as the OEM ones.( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...32667611533.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.alI51A )

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used MDF adapters from here>( D.MDF.HONDA03 4CARMEDIA - Distan?ier | TME - Componente electronice )
and I had to drill 2 holes for the bottom end. Please be advised that i had to trim some metal (left and right holes where the speaker cable lies in the pic ) because the speakers wouldn't fit. This only happened for the front speakers where i have the Focal RSE-165. In the back i have the coax Focal PC165 + the same MDF as in the front and they fitted nicely. It is all due to how the speakers are built. Take a look at these as they can be mounted as the OEM ones.( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...32667611533.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.alI51A )
Pic inserted with the parts i had to trim

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey mate! thank you so much for your reply!. SO just doing some research your cut out diameter for your RSE-165 were 5 11/16". The ones i want to use (TS-A1686R) are only 5". SO theoretically i shouldn't have that problem of having to shave off those sides?. Also what do you mean by being able to mount the bracket as oem. Doesn't the bracket you used also mount the same way as the one from ali express?

·
Registered
62 Posts
oh disregard the question about the mounts :) i see that you don't have the two tabs that slot into the holes.

Thanks for all your help! will post when fitted :) As said I'm trying to fit Pioneer TS A1686R into my front doors.
Only cause they have a lot of good reviews... If anyone has any other reccomendations?

Kind regards
Jeff

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey mate! thank you so much for your reply!. SO just doing some research your cut out diameter for your RSE-165 were 5 11/16". The ones i want to use (TS-A1686R) are only 5". SO theoretically i shouldn't have that problem of having to shave off those sides?. Also what do you mean by being able to mount the bracket as oem. Doesn't the bracket you used also mount the same way as the one from ali express?

Nope, the brachets i used don't come with the bottom fittings to slide into the door.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One more question if you don't mind :)
How do i install components into my front doors? Initially i was going to install coaxels. I see you've used the crossovers swell to avoid blowing up the tweeters. Do the factory setup for the front doors have them too? If not how do i wire them up (sorry.. first time). I have an amp ready to go as well. I see theres cross over options on my amp.. So... where does the cross over go @[email protected] and how do i attach it to my tweeter and component speakers.. I have a cadence 125.4.

The speakers go in the hole obviously.. tweeters as well.. The crossovers i see you've mounted to your door and obviously attached to something.. Question is,, where :p =( *** help haha I'm a noob

·
Registered
67 Posts
Connect the crossovers to the speaker lines (input) and from the crossover connect separate to the tweeter and the speaker. It should be in the speaker user manual

·
Registered
62 Posts
does that mean i need to connect another two wires for my AMP via RCA? (stock headunit) or just use the rear speakers for signal?

·
Registered
67 Posts
If the amp has high input you can use the signal from the speakers, no rca needed

·
Registered
62 Posts
So... just to recap...

one side of cross over AND input to amp from factory speaker wires.
other side crossover AND from amp to aftermarket speaker.
other side of cross over to tweeter?..

this is confusing =(

Maybe a beginner such as myself should settle for coaxels in my front doors @[email protected]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts