2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to dream of flying my 8G spaceship. Now however I can really get high in the sky. What is the highest altitude any 9G owner has reached in their new Civic? As you can see from the photo my altitude is currently 285 feet but then this is London. It is helpful that the satnav also provides a weather forecast. (see photo)

There were a brief few hours on Sunday when the sun came out for the very first time since I took delivery of my new car so I took a few photos. The blue paint just pulsates in the sunlight and looks incredible.

Car is running beautifuly. Every time I drive it I say thank you for my rear wiper. The wiper also works automatically whenever I reverse in the rain which is every day!

Attachments

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
You seem to be missing a sticker in the rear window.. :p

Seriously tho, a rear wiper would be nice :eek: glad you're liking the car!

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I used to dream of flying my 8G spaceship. Now however I can really get high in the sky. What is the highest altitude any 9G owner has reached in their new Civic? As you can see from the photo my altitude is currently 285 feet but then this is London. It is helpful that the satnav also provides a weather forecast. (see photo)

There were a brief few hours on Sunday when the sun came out for the very first time since I took delivery of my new car so I took a few photos. The blue paint just pulsates in the sunlight and looks incredible.

Car is running beautifuly. Every time I drive it I say thank you for my rear wiper. The wiper also works automatically whenever I reverse in the rain which is every day!

I drive this twice a week

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
The highest public road in the UK is the A93 Cairnwell Pass in Scotland, which reaches 2199 feet above sea level. The Snake is 1680 feet, the Kirkstone Pass a mere 1489 feet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The highest public road in the UK is the A93 Cairnwell Pass in Scotland, which reaches 2199 feet above sea level. The Snake is 1680 feet, the Kirkstone Pass a mere 1489 feet.
It may be but show me what height your 9G satnav says it is!

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
May not be 9th. Gen. or Height above Sea Level - but ...

I hereby claim the 8th. Gen. Low Record ! ...

Norway - Mastrafjord Subsea Road Tunnel - 223 Metres (732 Feet) Below Sea Level :facepalm: ...

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Nice joke about the rear wiper lol... As if anybody needs the rear wiper.... I don't know why Honda listened to a few moaning old codgers who cant drive and band wagon jumping journalists!

Nice car... Looks good in that colour :)

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Nice joke about the rear wiper lol... As if anybody needs the rear wiper.... I don't know why Honda listened to a few moaning old codgers who cant drive and band wagon jumping journalists!

Nice car... Looks good in that colour :)
With the design of the spoiler it doesn't need a wiper on the 8G, just because it's a hatchback people think it has to have one. I've never heard anyone say that their BMW or Mercedes saloon needs a wiper.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Rear wiper is a good idea in theory but having to have it pointing skywards due to rear visibility issues doesn't help its looks.
its not for looks, its for airflow, having it rest along the spoiler would cause far too much drag

·
Super Moderator
21,003 Posts
Yep - it does seem that the official Honda documentation was misleading by giving the impression that you needed the EX version to have TMC

It's starting to look like the only difference is the ability to save and play music and video to the HDD

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
May not be 9th. Gen. or Height above Sea Level - but ...

I hereby claim the 8th. Gen. Low Record ! ...

Norway - Mastrafjord Subsea Road Tunnel - 223 Metres (732 Feet) Below Sea Level :facepalm: ...
I thought the 8th gen civic is the "spaceship" of its class,now it is also awarded the "submarine" title,lol!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
NH Dan has been good enough to see if he can find some official Honda literature on the two different types of Sat Nav.
I for one will be very pleased as I have been confused since the start.....

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I thought the 8th gen civic is the "spaceship" of its class,now it is also awarded the "submarine" title, lol !
Norway has some serious Tunnels - going through Mountains or under Fjords is routine here ...

Lærdalstunnelen - 24.5 KM !!! ...

p.s. - love your Avator - Terry Prattcet fan, like me ? ...

Reactions: firefighter5278

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
Norway has some serious Tunnels - going through Mountains or under Fjords is routine here ...

Lærdalstunnelen - 24.5 KM !!! ...

It is by far the longest road tunnel in the world as far as I know.
It takes roughly 18 minutes to drive through it if you stick to the speed limit, (which is a wise thing to do, as there are two speed cameras in there for each direction) which is 80 km's per hour.

PS; Apologies to the OP for going off topic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts