2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone had any of the accessories from the honda catalogue of goodies; thought we could create some sort of reference list of what's useful, what's overpriced etc.

I'll begin with:

Bassworks System
- Overpriced, Underpowered and you can't even alter the settings.

Coaxial Speakers
- Excellent.

Parking Sensors, Colour Coded
- very very useful!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I agree PARKING SENSORS are brilliant sure u can still park and turn around without htem, however they make it that much simpler and quiker to do.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They should be standard, considering the visibility.

I am sure the camera is great too :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got the camera, it's great fun but beeping is better to stop you actually hitting something.

I've also got the blue under-dash lights (great but you could DIY it for much less) and the kick plates (great again but I'm sire there's cheaper 3rd party ones).

The best 4.99 was spent on a blue led interior light (see other posts) :D

·
Banned
72 Posts
Does anyone know how much the coaxail speakers are fitted from Honda and do they replace both front and rear?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
£200 IIRC, and that's per pair. so £400 for front and back :eek:

·
Banned
72 Posts
Thanks for that Basegreen. In your opinion would these be any better than the DIY infinity speakers some of the boys (and Gals) have put in? and are all Hondas coaxial spakers the same front and rear? then if i went with the DIY vesion what would go in the rear? sorry this sounds like an Inquisition I really need help in this area..............anyone else, opnions welcome.

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
Winston Churchill

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tricky one to say really.

The coaxials sound pretty good, but the suggested configuration is Bassworks speakers in the rear, and Coaxials or Dual Cones in the front.

The aftermarket speaker upgrades on here are certainly cheaper, but I can't tell you if they sound better or worse than going the Honda route. I suspect they're similar sounding, but you'd save money with the aftermarket stuff.

I guess it depends if you feel happy doing it yourself, or paying the dealer.

In my case, I wasn't paying for the speakers, so it was a no-brainer.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
With the coaxials from Honda, I presume you get left with the standard tweeter. If this is the case, you'll have full range by your feet and a 50p tweeter with a 10p capacitor also doing the highs at ear level. I found that changing the speakers for components (ie new tweeters as well) really improved the high frequency clarity and imaging. Trouble is, they're a bore to fit, and the Honda items just drop in (5 minutes a side, max).

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which tweeters do you have - would you recommend me changing them?

·
Banned
72 Posts
Just looked on e-bay - Infinity Reference 6510CS speakers £62 plus £9 P&P(buy it now) from an online store, or 1 set 3month old (from a punter) to bid on currently @ £11. If these are as good or beter than the Honda upgrades then as Pottsy has done such a great job with the photo guidence i think i would opt for a set of infinity speakers. Would there be any value putting the same in the rear?

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Think that these 3 month old Infinity Reference 6510CS speakers could break some records on Ebay, if all the CivInfo members start bidding against each other for them! I had also spotted them and thought I may bid later in the week if the price was ok.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Second hand speakers :shock: :shock:

I'd go for new every time - you just never know what abuse the used ones have been through.

·
Banned
72 Posts
Sorry mate - i should have kept stum, i would not be suprised if they reach the buy it now price of the others @ £62. Anyway my cars not here to pull apart for a few months, thats what i like about this site, this is my first new car and i cannot believe i am thinking pulling the doors apart. Pottsy a star he really cracks me up!!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pottsy said:
Second hand speakers :shock: :shock:

I'd go for new every time - you just never know what abuse the used ones have been through.
Steps, SClub7, Tina Turner, R Kelly, etc etc ;)

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
After a good dose of Pink Floyd, I reckon speakers actually improve. Though Jayne tends to disagree :)sigh: the youth of today...)

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
As the original post was about accessories, I'd like to add that my optional extra Leather is just gorgeous!!!!! I think it gives the whole interior a much more 'classy', expensive, luxery car feel.....

If I was ordering a 2nd Civic tomorrow, the first thing I'd opt for would defo be the Leather.....

·
Registered
975 Posts
i might try to get part leather done on my car by a comapany, as i love the velor like material but would like a bit ofr leather.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I had the City Pack added to mine (door protectors, bumper protectors and Parking sensor), well worth the money, especially having had someone swing their car door open into the side of the Civic yesterday in Tescos car park, not a mark, I suspect without the door protectors there might have been a slight ding. My only complaint with the parking sensors, although this will undoubtedly change with time, is that they are probably a little too sensitive picking up things next to you, I reverse out of the drive past my wheelie bins, sets the sensors off every time, mind you, not hit them once yet, unlike going in to the drive, clattered all 3 the other evening on the way in, was like 10 pin bowling, only with 3!

But the best purchase as far as accessories, the blue ambient lights in the footwell, overpriced but adds to the rocket ship feel, although I think Honda should include the centre overhead light in the pack, that finished the look off brilliantly, and for less than £5.

·
estranged
391 Posts
I have mine booked in for fitment of the parking sensors, which should really be standard given the limited rear view of the Civic!

Interestingly, I had the figure of £425, but the dealer informed me the price was £390. Checking the Honda website confirms this. Maybe there's a lot of peeps buying these post sale?

The dealer also told me that the sensors are already black, and do not require painting if they are going to be fitted to a black Civic (mine is the Nighthawk Black)... does this sound right?

Cheers

1 - 20 of 66 Posts