2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Civic and Jazz I-shift, ishift actuator/clutch system repair at your home address

158K views 457 replies 156 participants last post by  Das 
#1 ·
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic or Jazz if it becomes faulty.

If you encountered one of the following:
- cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)
- unable to select gear from neutral ("N" flashing)
- gearbox stuck in gear/reverse
- flashing "A" symbol and unable to start the engine
- you have a diagnosed error P0810​

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for three months using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.
I will also run a full check for any other errors stored in the car's computer.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.
Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.4 per mile travelled)

Due to work commitments I can only do the repairs during weekends.

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
DTC Troubleshooting: P19FC (160-23)
DTC P19FC:
Shift Change Actuator Position Learning Not Completed
NOTE:
DTC P19FC is stored when the Shift Change Actuator Position Learning is incomplete.
Make sure the battery is fully charged.
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
Do the i-SHIFT System Learning (Static Mode).
Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC P19FC indicated?
YES -
Go to Step 3 , and repeat the steps. If DTC P19FC is stored again after doing the i-SHIFT System Learning (Static Mode), check the repair error, or there is a problem in a replacement part.
NO -
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time.

#445 ·
DTC Troubleshooting: P19FC (160-23)
DTC P19FC:
Shift Change Actuator Position Learning Not Completed
NOTE:
DTC P19FC is stored when the Shift Change Actuator Position Learning is incomplete.
Make sure the battery is fully charged.
Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
Do the i-SHIFT System Learning (Static Mode).
Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC P19FC indicated?
YES -
Go to Step 3 , and repeat the steps. If DTC P19FC is stored again after doing the i-SHIFT System Learning (Static Mode), check the repair error, or there is a problem in a replacement part.
NO -
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time.
I have same problem. I’m not sure what problem. I did replace brush

#7 ·
Oh, I see now. It's a HDS readout. I can do the learning and also repair shift actuators which seem to be the problem in this case ("Honda were trying to do the learning procedure in static mode they said it will get half way through then this code would pop up "). Probably clutch actuator will need to be checked as well to prevent errors popping up during learning.
Let me know if you want to go ahead. And with this sort of distance, I can go down with travel expenses to £0.4/mile I think.
Thanks

#9 ·
Alright. According to the google maps, it's around 130 miles one way form Northampton. So £320 + £104... I think that's £400 altogether:) And I have one guy booked for the Sunday so can do yours this Saturday first thing in the morning. You ok with that? One more question: did you change something recently? Clutch? Pressure plate? Clutch bearing for example?

#11 ·
Honda had it back got rid of the p0810 code bled the system got halfway through the learning procedure when this code came up.
But they did get the car stuck in reverse so to move it they disconnected one of the shift actuator arms and manually put it into natural hope this info is any good to you

#15 ·
Hi,
whilst driving home yesterday, I changed from automatic to manual, the display showed 6th gear, I tried to change back to auto but the display stayed on 6 for about mile until I turned off the main into my road and then it changed to 0 at about 10-20 mph. the engine didn't stop and I ended up outside my house. I couldn't select neutral (N on the display) or auto. I switched the engine off and since then it won't restart, when I try and start it I get the cog wheel symbol and the 0 on the display flashes, does this sound like a clutch actuator fault?
Dave.

#20 ·
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic if it becomes faulty.

If you encoutered one of the following:
- cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for one year using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.
Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.7 per mile travelled)

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks
Thanks a lot automobilklub, you saved my Civic ivtec ex 2006. My car had a clutch actuator problem and has been seating in various mechanic garages forbover 2 months who did not know what to do with it. This guy fixed my car andbis working fine now. I can't be grateful enough.
Cheers.
Michael.

#227 ·
Hello, came across your service on google, My Honda Civic 2006, is suffering from intermittant fault, First of all it does not start on the first try and there a orange wheel appear on the dash, once it gets started after a couple of goes, the gear will not shift into gear and the N on the shift changer dial flashes.

The strange thing is that sometimes it start and drives no problem, this fault started about a week ago.

Is this something you can help with?

Ali

#23 ·
knackered civic

I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic if it becomes faulty.

If you encoutered one of the following:

I offer a repair guaranteed for one year using genuine Honda parts where applicable.

Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.7 per mile travelled)

Thanks
Hi Automobilklub can you drop me a pm as I've a friend who could do with your help with there knackered civic displaying the dreaded "cog" on the dash. I can't message you direct as I've not accumulated enough posts as of yet. Many thanks Neil

#24 ·
Hi, do you also offer the same service for 2010 Jazz? My wife's car requires some repair as its i-shift system stopped working and now the car won't start and there is a cog in the info screen.error code is P0909 - transmission shift change actuator neutral position learned valve out of range. please get in touch
Thanks
Barish

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.