2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
It should go at least 50k mileage after the first repaired

Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worse.
If its the Actuator I will be repairing it for the last time before I sell the car in parts or scrap. I would scrap it now but I looked after the engine well, so don't trust anther car slightly priced (even trebled) higher than what I have now... A lot of people don't look after their cars (Engine Oil service being the main one). I always try to buy a car no older than 4 or 5 years - a year or two most after the free warranty/service has run out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a quick message to say I discovered this page and Dan through google searches for my civic fault (cog warning light and stuck in neutral gear). Contacted Dan and he came to fix on Sunday. Highly recommend his service and saved me lots of hassle towing to garages etc. Highly professional and no fuss solution. Many thanks Dan!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, heard a lot of good reviews about you, I have this exact problem with my Honda Civic 1.4, it's a Semi Automatic, and its stuck on Neutral, the clog sign came up and would not get into gear. Please get in contact with me as soon as you can on my number, [deleted by mod. Please PM], My name is Said and i look forward to hearing back from you.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I just had my Actuator done by Dan - relieved I didn't have to Pay Honda £1400 (Recon) / £1800 (New) again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello to all, my first post here, hoping that someone can enlighten me and help me decide what to do with our 8G Civic.

The car is a 2009 1.8 L with i-shift and 185K km on the counter.

A couple of months ago, we started having the warning indicator with the cog and “!” symbol lighting up, and the car stalling as we down shifted from motorway speeds to a stop. It would put itself in neutral, and refuse to budge for 3-5 minutes, then would let us move on. It drives ok at lower speeds, driving in town, but motorway driving and traffic jams have become nerve-wracking as we risk being at a full stop in the middle of traffic. 😰

I took the car to my local garage, but he wasn’t able to act on the fault codes he got (P19FF, P0780, 2786) and so I took it to Honda. They tried “reprogramming” it and sent me on my way, but the same the cog and “!” symbol came on with the car stalling.

After a second look, they tell me that it is the clutch needs to be replaced (1550€) and that there is a 1 in 2 chance that the actuator will need replacing too (+ 3110€ 😩 )…

Is there a chance that replacing the clutch alone might solve the problem?

Or does experience show that the actuator will probably have to be replaced too?

I’m ready to take the gamble of replacing the clutch, but the actuator replacement will be a panful experience…€€€, and I’m not sure if it will it be the end of the story?

Many thanks for reading this far and for any advice you can give me! 😅🙏

Cheers,

Carlos H2

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I'm trying to fix a problem with a 2006 ishift car. Frequent stalling and flashing N on dash after coming to a stop, jerking, crunching gears etc. Car drives fine most of the time though.

Originally had codes P0780, P0919, P0942, P19FF, P19E6 and P2787. These would always come back after being cleared, even after replacing and bleeding the clutch fluid and doing the relearning via HDS.

Sent the clutch actuator to Sancars for repair but still having the same problems with the car, although now only codes P0780 and P0942 come up so I'm assuming there was some fault with the actuator.

Does this mean the friction plate/pressure plate need replacing? Is there anything in the HDS data list that would indicate what the problem might be?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks, I have these values from the data list in HDS

Short Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.62mm
Medium Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.62mm
Long Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.62mm
Friction Coefficient #1 (Actual) 322
Friction Coefficient #2 (Actual) 245
Friction Coefficient #3 (Actual) 245
Friction Coefficient General (Actual) 549

Do these indicate that the clutch is worn?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, hopping I can get one assistance with the wife’s 140k, 2006 Honda Civic, ishift as it started to display the cog icon in the morning and not go into gear, if left for a while, the error would eventually disappear, go into gear and drive. No gear slips but a bit jerky in reverse and seems to change gears when Reba are high. But Now she has the cog icon permanently and it will not start. Errors below
163-3 P0810 clutch operation problem
160-26 p19ff clutch coefficient learning value out of range
0-3 p0603 TCM internal KAM error

any help or repair appreciated, cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nope. Seems fine to me.
So does that mean the actuator is still faulty? Do I need to send it back again?

Have bled the clutch and done the learning once again but still have the same problems.

I checked the shift actuator and it seems to be working OK. I can command all the gears OK using HDS. When the fault occurs while stationary you can hear the box crunching and grinding as if trying to go in to gear with the clutch engaged.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic or Jazz if it becomes faulty.

If you encountered one of the following:
  • cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)
  • unable to select gear from neutral ("N" flashing)
  • gearbox stuck in gear/reverse
  • flashing "A" symbol and unable to start the engine
  • you have a diagnosed error P0810

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for three months using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.
I will also run a full check for any other errors stored in the car's computer.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.
Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.4 per mile travelled)

Due to work commitments I can only do the repairs during weekends.

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks
Hello, I already sent my actuator to repair and got back. How much to install only?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
Hi. I only provide full service. And Im fully booked and unfortunately cannot accept new appointments.
Regards, Dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
The car has a couple of times now stalled and not been able to immediately restart, with the gear indicator flashing 8 or is it 0? It's my brothers car and he managed to get it to restart by trying to select R then back to N. Prior to this week it has always restarted immediately after stalling, although cannot select a gear for a minute or two. Current fault codes from HDS are:

P0780 Transmission Shift Change System Malfunction
P19FF Clutch Friction Coefficient Learning Value Out of Range
P19E6 Clutch Temperature Too High (Over 300C (572F))
P2787 Clutch Temperature Too High (Over 400C (752F))
P0942 Clutch Hydraulic System Malfunction
P0919 Transmission Shift Change Actuator Neutral Position Learning Time Out

The clutch actuator was repaired by Sancars recently and the bleeding and learning has been done via HDS a number of times since.

Is this recent onset of not starting a problem with the clutch actuator, shift actuator, clutch/pressure plate or something else? Are there any further diagnostics I can do to try and pinpoint the fault?

Thanks.

Data list from HDS:

Short Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.75mm
Medium Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.75mm
Long Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.75mm
Friction Coefficient #1 (Actual) 322
Friction Coefficient #2 (Actual) 245
Friction Coefficient #3 (Actual) 245
Friction Coefficient General (Actual) 510

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #316 ·
"P19FF Clutch Friction Coefficient Learning Value Out of Range " this indicate worn clutch/pressure plate
"Long Term Clutch Contact Point Learned Value 9.75mm", "Friction Coefficient General (Actual) 510" this indicate clutch being in a good nick still... but probably the pressure plate is shot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Dan,

You were kind enough to come all the way to Cumbernauld 4 years ago and fixed up my 2006 ishift Civic EX. Now its got the 8 in the gear selector and won't start. The AA guy pulled the following codes

19EE Shift motor stroke sensor supply line
19F5 Select Motor Stroke Sensor Supply Line
19FF Clutch Friction Coefficient Learning Value Out of Range
19E9 Brake Pedal Position Signal Malfunction

If I remember right you replaced the clutch as well as fixing the actuator so it doesn't seem likely these are at fault. I wonder if there is anything else I can try, to find the fault. There supply line codes seem to suggest a wiring problem?

Cheers
Les

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #318 ·
Hi Les.
Sorry to hear you again have issues with your car.
I have not changed your clutch, problem was with the clutch actuator and it was replaced at that time.
Codes indicate wiring harness issue or actuator/s itself. P19ff also indicate clutch being worn but learning would probably sort it out. Have you disconnected anything prior to the fault? Has the battery gone flat?
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks
Hello, I need a quote for repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator for my 2006 Civic. I am based in Northampton and weekend repair is suitable if you are not available in the week. My mobile number is *

Mod edit: I have removed your phone number as an anti spam/fraud precaution.
Contact by PM (Conversation) just like OP suggested above.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Les.
Sorry to hear you again have issues with your car.
I have not changed your clutch, problem was with the clutch actuator and it was replaced at that time.
Codes indicate wiring harness issue or actuator/s itself. P19ff also indicate clutch being worn but learning would probably sort it out. Have you disconnected anything prior to the fault? Has the battery gone flat?
Thanks
Many thanks Dan, I'll check those things out.
Cheers
Les

301 - 320 of 353 Posts