2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
361 - 380 of 400 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Hi.
I'm fully booked and unfortunately cannot accept new appointments. Unless I have your car delivered to my place (Northampton). Whereabout are you located?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
I could arrange for a recovery for your car but it would be significant cost being Brighton...

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I could arrange for a recovery for your car but it would be significant cost being Brighton...

Thanks
Hi,

Well depending on when you can fit it in I could drive it up and either leave it and get the train back or if it's going to done that day or the next stay overnight in a hotel and pick it up the next day.

Would also depend on how much you think the job would cost to do as well

Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic or Jazz if it becomes faulty.

If you encountered one of the following:
  • cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)
  • unable to select gear from neutral ("N" flashing)
  • gearbox stuck in gear/reverse
  • flashing "A" symbol and unable to start the engine
  • you have a diagnosed error P0810

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for three months using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.
I will also run a full check for any other errors stored in the car's computer.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.
Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.4 per mile travelled)

Due to work commitments I can only do the repairs during weekends.

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks
Hi, I have 2007 civic ex I-shift. Today I had the gear wheel icon stuck, no sounds from gear shifting or working actuators. It stays on neutral. Car was struggling to start as well. Did not want to crank from first time. Very confusing as yesterday was fine. The only strange was a shaking when engaging clutch, like car cant decide if to engage or not. Please help if you cant

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
Hi All,

Can anyone advise on how I can get in touch with @automobilklub please.

I can only add messages here for nowas I am experiencing similar issues with Honda Civic too.

thanks.
you need to make more posts before you can use PM.
I think it's 5

·
Registered
8 Posts
you need to make more posts before you can use PM.
I think it's 5
Do you still offer the Honda Civic I-shift clutch actuator repairs?

My car is at a local garage and is stuck in Neutral with the cog icon and explanation mark in middle.

I've been told by the garage it would be £800 to replace the clutch actuator, and if the clutch is worn that will be another £500 on top.

The car is located at YO25 9DJ.

I can be contacted at 07419983077

regards

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

Did you manage to get your issue sorted and if you have , have you had any problems since then ?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, I had a problem with the clutch actuators and gear shifting, cog wheel error as well. Thanks to @automobilclub and his amazing help, my car is running as new. It took like a day and my vehicle was ready for collection, he offered towing service and the guy was amazing and very helpful. I have software update and actuators change and relearning, all done in a day. My car runs smooth as butter, cant feel gearchanges, super responsive throttle and brakes probably thanks to software update, car is pleasure to drive and I hope will last long enough to enjoy. he also advise that my clutch is 25% left and soon to be changed. No more kangarooing in traffic, no more doggy reverse parking and horrific downshifting when in roundabouts. I can not recommend the guy enough, he has done his magic. thank you very much Sir for the kind help, your knowledge and confidence. I wish you all the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
He has also website with his phone number and details BTW
Thanks @Kumchev , do you happen to know the website link ?

I’m glad to know that you’re is driving like brand new.

Prior to your fix , I presume your car jerked upon automatic gear changes ? and now it’s smooth as a normal automatic car .

You mentioned that you have 25% clutch mean , does that mean you’ll need to reprogramme everything after that ?

thanks for updating us :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi again, more news from my 1.8 Civic. I took it to the dealership, and, surprise, they charged me €250 for nothing. All they did was updating my gearbox software (relearning) ) and change the transmission fluid, which was filthy. Nothing has changed at all, except that I'm pretty sure my clutch is guilty.

I eventually figured out the best way to test it is, I think, the manual mode (Honda tech never tried this). In manual mode, If the engine revs beyond 5k, the gearbox stalls, and trying to engage the next gear while not releasing the throttle pedal will make the i-shift system go mayhem. Stalling/malfunctioning beyond 5k clearly shows a clutch malfunction right? The gears/cluctch actuators have no purpose other than changing gears right? My problem appears long after the gear was engaged, when I rev the engine >5k, so it has nothing to do with actuators, right? The car still works perfectly fine <5k, but if I try to pass another car, my life is at stake...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there can anyone tell me if they know if my problem actually is due to the clutch? The car works fine <5k rpm, but if I go past 5k I have clutch failure symptoms. My mechanic says he's never seen a clutch failing > certain rpm, so do you think it's an actuator or clutch failure? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #377 ·
Hi there can anyone tell me if they know if my problem actually is due to the clutch? The car works fine <5k rpm, but if I go past 5k I have clutch failure symptoms. My mechanic says he's never seen a clutch failing > certain rpm, so do you think it's an actuator or clutch failure? Thanks.
Any chance of the error codes from the diagnostic? Was P19FF one of them? Or P0810?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any chance of the error codes from the diagnostic? Was P19FF one of them? Or P0810?
Hi Daniel,

All the "I SHIFT DTC"-related codes are:

U0103
P0562
U1261
U0100
P19E1
U0155
P0780

The mechanic deleted them and now, even when I push the car so hard the gears start malfunctioning, the cogwheel no longer appears, so i guess it no longers produces any new error code

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, tearing my hair out here. Just about to move house and my little Honda Civic 2006 Ishift has developed a problem seemingly with the clutch actuator. Problem is, no local garages seem to want to touch it. Can anyone recommend how I get this fixed? Cheers! Based in Brighton

361 - 380 of 400 Posts