2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
381 - 400 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic or Jazz if it becomes faulty.

If you encountered one of the following:
  • cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)
  • unable to select gear from neutral ("N" flashing)
  • gearbox stuck in gear/reverse
  • flashing "A" symbol and unable to start the engine
  • you have a diagnosed error P0810

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for three months using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.
I will also run a full check for any other errors stored in the car's computer.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.
Repair is done for £320 all inc. + fuel expenses (£0.4 per mile travelled)

Due to work commitments I can only do the repairs during weekends.

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks
Hi there,

This is the exact problem I'm having at the moment, I've had a breakdown recovery service diagnose the codes.

Can you confirm your availability, as most people have said I cannot PM I'm afraid

I'm over in Croydon, so it's a bit of a trek so if you have someone closer to me a recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to offer a professional, comprehensive and nationwide repair service for an I-shift system/clutch actuator in your Civic or Jazz if it becomes faulty.

• cog wheel symbol popped on a dash display during driving, but disappeared after engine restart (see pic)

then you have an issue with your I-shift system, most likely clutch actuator and/or gear actuators.
I have repaired many Civics that suffered dreaded I-shift problems, never had any complaints or problems appeared again.

I offer a repair guaranteed for three months using genuine Honda parts where applicable.
I will flush and bleed the system and after repair - perform static and dynamic learning of the Engine Control Module using Honda diagnostic system.

Repair takes approx. 5-6 hours and all I need is some room around you car and an access to a power outlet.

If you are interested, please drop me a private message including car details and a brief description of the problem.
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
Hi I have a 2007 honda civic with an I-shift gear. I'm experiencing problems at the moment and believe the clutch is worn, but need it to be looked at. I believe it might need to be reprogramned. Would you be able to provide this service please? Thank you

Nina

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I'm really desperate to get the clutch of my honda civic 2007 i-shift repaired. I live in South East Essex. If you are too busy to look at this, would you happen to know anyone in my area that could help, please?
Thank you
Nina

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks
My Honda Civic 2006 iSHIFT stuck in Neutral.Can you help

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 ·
Hi. I'm really desperate to get the clutch of my honda civic 2007 i-shift repaired. I live in South East Essex. If you are too busy to look at this, would you happen to know anyone in my area that could help, please?
Thank you
Nina
Hi. I dont do clutches unfortunately but what makes you think you need one? Symptoms? Mileage? Diagnostics?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. I dont do clutches unfortunately but what makes you think you need one? Symptoms? Mileage? Diagnostics?
Hi thanks for getting back to me. It is struggling to get into 1st gear, and then 2nd gear. A mechanic drove it and said the clutch is worn.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
4,137 Posts
the i-shift was just the mechanism for automating the gear shift so it is not an automatic gearbox.
if the clutch is genuinely shot then you need to go to a normal garage for a new one.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Please where can I get genuine pressure plate, clutch disc and release bearing for my Honda civic type-s 2006 in good price?
Thanks

Show appreciation & rate if my post is helpful.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the i-shift was just the mechanism for automating the gear shift so it is not an automatic gearbox.
if the clutch is genuinely shot then you need to go to a normal garage for a new one.
As opposed to what kind of garage? What about the mandatory i-shift learning procedure after a clutch replacement?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 ·
Please only use genuine Honda clutch kits, not the aftermarket/refurbished ones!
Or

Thanks

And yes, learning is mandatory whenever clutch/gearbox is being tampered with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
any chain outfit like F1, Kwikfit etc who just want to change your tyres or service the car

if you are in France I guess you must have places like them
Ah yes, except in here F1 are hotels 😄. I don't know if we can have the clutch replaced outside Honda, because our cars need reprogramming after that. The Honda tech told me we can drive the car after a clutch change to have it reprogrammed at Honda, but other people told me otherwise, i don't know, he just didn't seem very knowledgeable regarding i shifts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.
I'm fully booked and unfortunately cannot accept new appointments. Unless I have your car delivered to my place (Northampton). Whereabout are you located?
Thanks
I can see from your recent posts you are incredibly busy and currently not travelling to fix the common I-Shift clutch actuator issue. Would you be able to offer a repair service if I had my civic transported up to you? And, if so, when would you be able to fit me in?

Many thanks,

Ahsan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, my problem seems to have vanished, or it seems to happen much less than it did before (my car seemed to go out of gear above 5.5k rpm). last time I tried (several times), it no longer occurred and rpm kept increasing with no gear drop. Since the Honda tech performed a relearning of my gearbox, which seemingly had no immediate effect, could my gearbox have slowly adapted to the new parameters?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, we have a 2007 civic 1.8 s/a and it stopped a few days ago, we now have the dreaded cog icon on the dashboard and the engine won’t start which suggests to me that the TCM thinks it’s stuck in gear. I have tried to read codes with my diagnostic unit (foxwell NT680Pro) but it can’t even find a TCM !

I’m reasonably car savvy but I’m out of my depth here

I’m in Yateley, Hampshire

Thanks

381 - 400 of 400 Posts