2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I hope this is in the right place. Here are two videos one is the standard Honda struts. It shows that i have to push the boot from closed all the way to open as the struts wont do it themselfs.

The second video is with the new struts from strutsdirect £19 each. This shows that once i open the boot slightly the struts are then able to lift the boot fully on their own.

Im hoping to finalize a product number for these to make it easier for people to order if they wish.

For me it was either these or wind deflectors i think my forehead thanks me for choosing these after whacking it on the boot so many times.

Standard

New

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the really rubbish videos but i hope it shows the massive difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I'm interest in this, had mine replaced under warranty and still naff.

Would you need 2 struts, or would one be OK?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I'm in get us a part number please

·
車神
305 Posts
I'll be in for a group buy.

A quick question, have you got a spoiler? I think the struts will need to accommodate the extra weight for people with spoilers.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I have just dropped my car off at Taunton Honda today to have a couple of warrenty things done, the boot struts were a complaint i made so will be showing them this video if they dont resolve the issue ;).

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Very interested here also :)

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Hey

I hope this is in the right place. Here are two videos one is the standard Honda struts. It shows that i have to push the boot from closed all the way to open as the struts wont do it themselfs.
Have you also measured the closing force for both struts?

·
Premium Member
958 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Just spoke to sgs need someone from here (Site Owner or Super Mod) to sort it all out for us. 01332 226 290

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Im up for this! My boot closes if its on a hill

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Now the weather has started warming up mine have started working again. This weekend was the first time they lifted themselves to the top without help for sometime.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
As Theo says 'I'm in'
Anyone organised agroup buy yet?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
im intereasted...............

1 - 20 of 108 Posts