2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some scum broke into my car last night, glass everywhere, not too impressed at all. They didn't get away with anything luckily, I believe the car door's have a deadlock to stop thieves opening it?

The only thing I'm concerned about is the alarm doesn't seem to have gone off, surely the alarm should go off when a window is smashed in?? They must have been inside rummaging about because my stuff was on the seats (empty bottles etc.)

Any thoughts?

Jon.

·
車神
305 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, so many low life scums around these days.

Btw the deadlock is only activated when you press the lock button on your key fob twice within a few seconds of each press.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
^^^ stuff like this really really winds me up!!!!!!! Flaming scum bags

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah pissed off to be honest, glass is everywhere inside the car and the interior is wet. Police took 6 hour's to get out to take a look, the guy who was there to look for finger prints was there for no longer than 5 minutes, making nothing more than a token gesture to show he turned up, disgrace.

Luckily I always press the fob twice to deadlock it. Just concerned the alarm didn't go off.

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
Yeah pissed off to be honest, glass is everywhere inside the car and the interior is wet. Police took 6 hour's to get out to take a look, the guy who was there to look for finger prints was there for no longer than 5 minutes, making nothing more than a token gesture to show he turned up, disgrace.

Luckily I always press the fob twice to deadlock it. Just concerned the alarm didn't go off.

They usually give you the "wet destroys evidence" bit, it degrades it yes, but does not destroy it all that easily (afterall if it did, they would not have gotten a fingerprint of a tarapulin, that wrapped a body which they dredged from a lake).

Be careful for the first few times you use the air vents and if possible use a half of a 2 Litre coke bottle over the vent with a hoover nozzle wedged in it to ensure any glass is removed quickly.... preferably block the other vents. otherwise glass will come out quite fast into the car.

ATB,
Tom

·
Learner
271 Posts
I thought the deadlock disarms the alarm. Could be wrong.
I do this where I park at work as its under the last 1/4 mile at Heathrow's southern runway. The alarm goes whenever a jumbo goes over it, but not if I press twice.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Sorry to hear it's been broken into mate, but at least nothing was stolen.

On most cars the deadlocks stop the car from being opened from the inside, although the Civic seems to do that with the normal locks anyway :confused:

Only the higher spec Civics have interior motion sensors but quite a few people have reported then not working, could be the case here.

I would be very surprised if the deadlocks disarmed the alarm although the above example does seem a strange coincidence.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
You've had your brand new 9th gen broken into???????

... or posted in the wrong section?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, not a 9th gen, posted in the wrong section.

Been having a browse at aftermarket alarms but if the window gets smashed with a brick by kids messing about then you still got all the hassle anyway. Can't win.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm still waiting to get my civic back 2 weeks ago some scum broke in my house while me, my wife and 21 month old twins were asleep upstairs to steal our car keys, my car was found 2 miles away locked up (doing the tracker test) and my wife's found a week later after being used as a get away car for a number of armed robberies!

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Sorry to hear that. :(
Few months back my wing mirror was smashed by some 'kids'. The guy punched it with a fist so as you can imagine there been some blood. Police took a sample (!)
Two weeks later they phoned up and said that they got the guy! Which would be great if they didn't add "But we had to let him go". Case closed.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
^^ that makes no sense, damage to private property, vandalisim, they hold them for that and ask if you want to press charges.

See if you can get a report and if they did get the right guy ask why they let him go as i am pretty sure that you should get a chance to press charges on the person who did it.

Also which models have the motion sensors?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'm still waiting to get my civic back 2 weeks ago some scum broke in my house while me, my wife and 21 month old twins were asleep upstairs to steal our car keys, my car was found 2 miles away locked up (doing the tracker test) and my wife's found a week later after being used as a get away car for a number of armed robberies!
That's why I got one of these:

All my keys are in there except when in use.

I've also put stickers on the windows.

·
Its a cake, not a biscuit
2,046 Posts
I had someone jump on the roof of my old Mk2 Punto a few years back! There was CCTV in the high street (of a village!) looking at my car and the Police/Council said they couldn't check the fotage because the window I gave them was too big...midnight to 7am! They did however say I could come in to check it myself?!?! It was a 8mile drive away and i'd have to pay a £70 Admin charge for them to prepare the tape?

Its fair to say I wasn't happy...least the person who "Car Surf'd" my motor had fun!

·
Registered
248 Posts
The worry is that they want your car keys and don't car what they have to do to get them, as I mentioned they turned out to be armed robbers, I don't want someone like that coming to me in bed demanding the code for the key safe!

You just have to hope it puts the off seeing the warning stickers!

That's why I got one of these:

Phoenix 0031 Key Safe Electronic with Fixings Keyrings: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

All my keys are in there except when in use.

I've also put stickers on the windows.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.