2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to everyone.

I have just bought an silver 06 plate Civic 2.2 Cdti ES, with the 17" dark grey 5 spoke alloys. It looks really clean and has had one lady owner from new. It has done 29K and has been serviced per the log book. It was a bit of an impulse buy, I hope I got a good deal. It has warranty left for 2 months. Is there anything I should have a look for before the warranty runs out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies.

The lady did say that it had been recalled for a job on the handbrake. I purchased it private through a newspaper ad. I will give it a good drive before taking it for a service and MOT in a few weeks time, hopefully if there is anything wrong it will show up and be covered by the warranty. The lady was only selling due to an injuy that means she needs an automatic, or else she would have kept it, so hopefully everything is OK, it certainly seemed to drive fine, only thing I noticed was a slightly squeeky clutch pedal.

Once I get all the details I will check it out on your weblink. Thanks.

·
Former owner
15 Posts
Welcome i have the same engine and model- great car!
Best to check with the dealers as previously mentioned and i think you can do it through the honda website - just need yr VIN number.

Squeaky clutch pedal dont want to worry you but ive had the same problem and had the master cylinder replaced twice and still doing it on my third one aarrrggh.Take it to the dealers while still under warranty and push them for it as its a common issue- see other links on this forum
Any questions feel free were a great bunch!!:grouphug:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am worried now, I was worried anyway, I have not even told the wife I have bought it yet, she is away out with friends from work! As the clutch seemed to be operating fine, I thought it was just a linkage needing oiled. Ah well, best to know. Thanks, I will keep a close eye on that.

I hope I dont end up with a large dose of "I told you so". The wife wanted to spend a bit more and get a newer one with longer warranty. :rolleyes:

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
welcome aboard

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Welcome to the place :D

I am sure everything will be ok :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up the car last night. It drove home fine and seemed pretty quick, but the clutch pedal is definately squeeking big time, I noticed it much more than when I took it for a test drive. I gave it a quick wash this morning, there are a couple of scratches and paint chips here and there but it does not appear anything worse than expected of an 3 year old car. Inside is very clean and the seats seem very good. There are a couple of marks on the alloys which could be done with being tidied up if I can get the paint code for them. I will put up a photo once I get a chance. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Noticed a problem whilst washing the car :(, the passenger side mudflap appeared loose. On further inspection the mudflap was held fine but there is a popper missing from the inside of the wheelarch, also one of the small white clips which attaches the wheel arch trim is broken, as is the front clip that holds on the passenger side sill, the broken clip is part of the side sill.

I think I could repair the sill if i could get it off, does anyone have instructions on how to remove the side sill (or what forum is best for this question).

The previous owner had several large speed bumps on their street. The mudflap is scuffed, it looks like the mudflap has got cought on a bump and caused the other damage.

I take it the clips and poppers are sourced from Honda dealers only?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your quick reply, the small white clip that is broken is the bottom of the two shown on this picture below.

There is a screw at the rear end of the side sill which I have removed and tried sliding the whole sill backward but no joy, although I did not give it a very hard shove incase I broke anything. If I could remove it I think the broken bit could be glued back on then refitted.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply, the small white clip that is broken is the bottom of the two shown on this picture below.
You can buy the white clips for the wheel arch trim from your dealer. They won't cost much. If that was replaced it would probably be enough to hold the side sill in place.

The poppers don't cost much either. :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From info on another thread and a quick feel of the underside of the sill, I think there are some poppers on the bottom of the sill to remove, good job I did not pull too hard.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my old car sold today so that is a releif, it was an MG ZT diesel and a great car, sad to see it go but it was time for a change. I will try to get to the Honda dealer to get the clips soon. Thanks for everyones help so far.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts