2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a nice 2015 1.8 SE from Stewart Graham Honda in Crewe, part of the Holdcroft group in mid February. A week later I noticed a spring in the seat back was twanging now and then so I called the dealer to make an appointment to have it looked at. On the day the outside temperature reached a record 16 degrees and I noticed the drivers electric window making a groaning noise too. It didn't do it when it was cold.
One courtesy car and two days later they've replaced the seat back, renewed the window regulator, fitted a driver's side wiper blade and washed the car, no charge for the wiper blade.
The courtesy car was a new Jazz and having previously owned the Mk1, I have to say I'm seriously unimpressed, it just wasn't comfortable at all. Getting back in the Civic felt like a millennium had passed in development terms.

In all, excellent service Mr Honda.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
I had wear on the Bolster of the Drivers seat and a Hole on the back. Dealer sent out a company that fixed both and now I can't tell without really looking close. That was the good point, bad point is they didn't do a complete service when they stamped the book to say they had..

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I've been looking at the new Jazz for a short while.

A friend who is a lifelong Ford owner informed me yesterday that Ford are going back to a torque converter auto for some Fiesta and Focus models, depending on engine selection.

The engine range at launch consists of a 1.1-litre petrol with either 69bhp or 84bhp, plus three versions of Ford’s highly acclaimed 1.0-litre Ecoboost (99, 123 or 138bhp) or a 1.5-litre diesel with 84 or 118bhp. The 1.1 gets a five-speed manual whereas all others come with six gears including, in the case of the Ecoboost, an optional torque converter automatic.
If so then that puts the Fiesta on the map, especially as the reviews are far better for the Fiestas suspension and infotainment system.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Interesting. My seat had a 'twang'. The dealership couldn't replicated it when they sat in it so I never got it sorted. Its not a major issue, just sometimes annoying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts