2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Last week I became the proud owner of a 2008 Civic Hatchback. I am very happy with it and wanted to add a cable for my iPhone 6. I bought this interface

I have opened the dashboard to get to the integrated audio system (I followed the
) which went fine. The iPhone works perfectly but... the car no langer starts!

The starter turns, but the engine does not ignite (? not sure if this is the correct english). I have checked all cables, nothing is loose. Checked all fuses, seems to be fine... I have no clue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks for your input!!

Regards,
Rob

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Well if it's the same problem I had, then it's either a fuse or fuel cut off switch.
The fuse which went in mine was the dashboard lights one, so I wasn't getting speedo readings etc!

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Hi,

Last week I became the proud owner of a 2008 Civic Hatchback. I am very happy with it and wanted to add a cable for my iPhone 6. I bought this interface

I have opened the dashboard to get to the integrated audio system (I followed the instructions here) which went fine. The iPhone works perfectly but... the car no langer starts!

The starter turns, but the engine does not ignite (? not sure if this is the correct english). I have checked all cables, nothing is loose. Checked all fuses, seems to be fine... I have no clue.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks for your input!!

Regards,
Rob
Take a look at this link:-

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-...talling-double-din-now-engine-wont-start.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts