2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gah, this no snow winter in Finland is really getting to the civic. It's been raining alot here lately and it's really affecting my civic.

First there's the starting woes, rpm's goes to 400 and the car doesnt start properly or it takes a long time. This usually occurs at 4-5 celcius. This has happened more now due to the humidity.

Then there's the wipers. A frog is in the motor which turns the wipers. luckily this has happend only 2-3 times.

Now there are new sounds from the front suspension.. squeaks everytime i go over a speedbump (driving off it). I really have to take the car to the dealer and have it sorted out.. it's like driving an old car :oops:

Back brakes tend to stuck, especially if i leave the handbrake on through the night, take it off and reverse. There's a big thud and the car jerks... Last night i intentionally left the handbrake off.. tried reversing in the morning and the same thud and jerk although a lot smaller than when the handbrake is on :(

Dont like these features in a car which has been driven only 11k km's :mad:

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Hi Pikkumies,

I note that you think that humidity causes poor starting; I've just posted a thread on this topic yesterday, because my car doesn't start very wel after it has been unused for a day. I hadn't considered humidity as a cause but it has been very wet and mild here in Denmark, too. My car is a 1.8 i-VTEC Sport as well and has so far given me 8000 trouble free kms. I'll be interested to see what your dealer says about the starting - and how he fixes it!!;)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually there's a separate thread to the starting problems..my car had starting problems even though the weather has been +25 celcius and very sunny, no humidity.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Found the thread with starting problems. Thanks for directing me - unfortunately did not find anything that really tells me what can correct it!! Do we have to live with it??:(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry no, i havent brought the car to the dealer yet.. I think i'll have it looked when i have my 20km oil change

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree about the some of these comments about the Civic in the rain. My front left (passenger side) side of the car goes 'squeak' quite loudly when going over speed bumps. It is booked into the dealer again to look at this as it has only just started at 11,000 miles and the rear makes a creak when first moved in the morning in the cold.

The problems are getting annoying now, however at least the dealer is fixing them and doing it in a very satisfiying way, i.e. they are actually courteous, call me back when they say and fix the problems which is a revalation compared to Merc, Alfa, Fiat and the other bozo's I have used in the past with previous cars.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the exact same problem! Mine goes 'gunk' or 'klonk' when going over speed bumps. Sound comes from the front drivers side (your passanger side)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have the exact same problem! Mine goes 'gunk' or 'klonk' when going over speed bumps. Sound comes from the front drivers side (your passanger side)
Same problem over here, it is a pain in the backside! My civic is due for his inspection in 3.500 km I will get it checked out and see what they say.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts