2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have only recently found this site and finding it all so very interesting - thought I had better join 'the club'
My EX i-Shift was ordered back in Feb. and I took delivery in early July. Being unable to road test an i-Shift until late April, I put my trust in Honda's gearbox technology when I ordered. After some 6 weeks of ownership that trust has been well and truly justified - just love it and worth the looooong wait - though it seemed forever.
At the time I ordered mine, the panoramic glass roof was only available as standard fit on the ES and leather as a f/f option on the SE.- could not see Honda's wisdom in that at all - plain crazy!
Since I really wanted leather, I decided to have a bespoke fit via the dealer - a bit more expensive than Honda's but it has made a very nice unique job without extending the delivery time further still. As regards the glass roof, if I want to go plane spotting I'm afraid I'll just have to get out to look up!
My EX i-Shift details are :-
Blueish Silver. Seat bolsters, door cards and armrests in charcoal grey leather, seat facings in a mid blue perforated leather.
The stitching is in contrasting silver thread. Rearview camera. Front, rear and side colour matched protectors. Doorstep garnishes. Front speaker rings.

Has anyone else had the leather fitted by Transform Leather? :D

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Welcome Bassa. Yes, a picture of your cars interior would be well worth a look. Were you able to get heated leather?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bassa's one

Here it is and no heated seats - could have done with some refridgerated ones this July

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Pottsy
Have sent this once but has not appeared so re sending.
Don't mind at all - it was £1500 and comes with a 3 year warranty. Have taken this route before with wife's Jazz (£1200 then)
The dealership remove the seats and door cards/armrests and Transform collect them. They then fit and return for the dealer to re assemble.
If you go to www.transformleather.co.uk and click on the corporate customer log in button you can then request access. All the colours, patterns and accessories such as stitching, motifs etc. can be viewed. The franchised dealers should hold leather sample swatches - at least mine did. If not Transform would send some.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Looks fantastic bassa, shame you couldn't get a glass door option so everyone can see inside the car. :lol:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Bassa,

Looks fabulous I really like your colour scheme, £1500 is a bit rich :shock: but then some LED light bulbs are £200 :wink: start putting pennies in the piggy bank :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome Bassa, car looks very nice and lots of options. Have you managed to compare the leather you have with the Honda option ?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Welcome Bassa!

As you said it is unique. Looks good. [smilie=coolup.gif]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hide'n seek

Thanks for all the compliments, pleased you liked it
At first I was a bit miffed when Honda, after public pressure, can to their senses and made leather an option on the EX. Having had several motors with black leather, I wanted a change and the only other Honda option available, which is exterior colour dependant, is beige. That can look very nice but being so light is non too practical and tends to look grubby far too easily. So from a colour choice, I decided to go for a mid two tone job. When I first saw the finished article I thought WOW, that looks stunning, it goes so well with the body colour. Although I cannot take all the credit for my choice, Paul at Transform made some suggestions and our favourite got the final nod.
As with many things, the photo does not do it justice - it is better in the flesh.
Quality wise, in my opinion, it's as good if not better than Honda's.
I know for sure, another customer using my dealership has had their Civic 'Transformed' but in black leather.
There must be someone else on this forum that has used Transform Leather - surely ???

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
That's a nice looking interior. I like the way you have matched the inner part of the seat to the car exterior colour.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Welcome Bassa. Nice car, might go for leather if we decide to keep the car for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Hi Bassa, that looks brilliant. Started me thinking of Red leather in my Nighthawk Black.....

Can't see in the photo but do you have the tailgate spoiler fitted? Looks great on your colour. Have a look at Jeffao's car in 'Gallery' 'Just added tailgate spoiler to my Blueish Silver 2.2 EX'.

Hmmm, Red leather......... [smilie=gt_grinz-br:

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Oh my god, Allan! Sounds like a mid-life crisis! :lol:

Having said that, I went for the leather option in my SE and I'm really chuffed with it!

Each to their own! :)

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
...I'll have to take your word for that; I've never been in one!! Boom, Boom. :lol:

I guess it would be a bit OTT. [smilie=mad.gif]

·
Registered
226 Posts
think that red and black leather would look good in the black, with a civic logo embroidered into the seat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts