2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success using a Blackberry phone handset with the Bluetooth set-up in a Civic EX?

I have a Blackberry 7100v from the company I work for as my only mobile phone.
The www.hondahandsfree.com website says that no Blackberry phones are compatible.
On the other hand another part of the same site lists the Blackberry 7290 and the 8700g as fully compatible.

If you have a Blackberry 7100v and you use it in your Civic EX linked to the Bluetooth can you let me know please.
Or if you have one that does not work let me know as well so at least I can think of other options.

I may have to get a "Pay as you Go" SIM for my now unused Motorola SLVR V7 which will work but I don't like having 2 numbers.

Thanks, hope you can help,

Ian

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
try calling a number .say 0.it says 4. dont give you time to give full number ,all ways saying back to menu.. sometimes dont find phone when you get in the car..

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
DUNCAN said:
try calling a number .say 0.it says 4. dont give you time to give full number ,all ways saying back to menu.. sometimes dont find phone when you get in the car..
Don't say 0 say Zero and all the other numbers without pausing, like Zero16212345. It should work ok then.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very Good News here.

I have paired my Blackberry 7100v with the Civic EX and it works perfectly.

The phone stays paired while in the car, no drop outs. Pairs as soon as I get in the car no interaction required, and provides great sound quality.

I have been very surprised at how clear the sound actually is in the car and people I have called have also commented on how clear it is, no echo at all.

Glad it worked in the end, but pity the Honda don't list the fact on the www.hondahandsfree.com web site.

Ian

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can confirm the 8700 works just fine. I usually have that and my Samsung D600 on me when I travel to work, and they both work fine - just a shame the "Next Phone" command doesn't seem to quite switch quickly enough to answer a call before it goes to voicemail if I happen to be paired with the wrong one when it goes off!

--R

·
Registered
382 Posts
Parky said:
Very Good News here.

The phone stays paired while in the car, no drop outs. Pairs as soon as I get in the car no interaction required, and provides great sound quality.

I have been very surprised at how clear the sound actually is in the car and people I have called have also commented on how clear it is, no echo at all.

Glad it worked in the end, but pity the Honda don't list the fact on the www.hondahandsfree.com web site.

Ian
You lucky lucky person if your handsfree is so clear. Mine (and I believe most others) can't be heard once you get to motorway speeds. What's your secret?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pjelsworth said:
Parky said:
Very Good News here.

Ian
You lucky lucky person if your handsfree is so clear. Mine (and I believe most others) can't be heard once you get to motorway speeds. What's your secret?
Probably the fact that I have not yet tried it on the motorway !

Ian

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Parky said:
pjelsworth said:
Parky said:
Very Good News here.

Ian
Probably the fact that I have not yet tried it on the motorway !

Ian
:lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Guys !

Nothing to do with the BlackBerry but I may catch answers to my question in this topic (hope so indeed)
Have you ever tried to dial an international call ? If so (and sucessfuly) what have you done ?

My concern is that my SIM card is a Swiss one, I'm living in France and crossing as well the German side (3 borders indeed): Yes you're right it's a big **** for issuing phone calls :?

What I can currently do ? Only give local calls depending on which of these 3 countries I'm located and as well (and of course should I shall) receive phone call !

Hope you'll leave me some good advise :D
Zouille

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zouzouille said:
Hi Guys !

Nothing to do with the BlackBerry but I may catch answers to my question in this topic (hope so indeed)
Have you ever tried to dial an international call ? If so (and sucessfuly) what have you done ?

My concern is that my SIM card is a Swiss one, I'm living in France and crossing as well the German side (3 borders indeed): Yes you're right it's a big **** for issuing phone calls :?

What I can currently do ? Only give local calls depending on which of these 3 countries I'm located and as well (and of course should I shall) receive phone call !

Zouille
Have you tried storing the numbers in the car using the full international dialling codes?

For me in the UK that would mean that the following number :-

01925 453412

Should be stored in the car as :-

00441925453412 which will then work regardless of the country I call from. i.e. :-

00 Is the international prefix and 44 is the code for the UK.

You just need to insert the country codes for the countries you are calling.

Ian

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
On mobiles the international bit is not 00, but +. So it should be +44 1925 etc. But nobody knows how to enter a plus into the HFT. I emailed the manufacturer support people, but never got a reply. I suspect that because it's American, they never considered the rest of the world...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Parky said:
zouzouille said:
Hi Guys !

Zouille
Have you tried storing the numbers in the car using the full international dialling codes?

For me in the UK that would mean that the following number :-

01925 453412

Should be stored in the car as :-

00441925453412 which will then work regardless of the country I call from. i.e. :-

00 Is the international prefix and 44 is the code for the UK.

You just need to insert the country codes for the countries you are calling.

Ian
hello -)

Yes already tried with 00 33 (for france) , 33 alone, + 33 (replacing the 00) but without success :?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pottsy said:
On mobiles the internation bit is not 00, but +. So it should be +44 1925 etc. But nobody knows how to enter a plus into the HFT. I emailed the manufacturer support people, but never got a reply. I suspect that because it's American, they never considered the rest of the world...
:lol: completly true I have to admit
We have as well contacted the seller who's trying to get the solution from the so called "expert" , but I'm still waiting for any feed back ...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts