2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to this forum so I just want to introduce myself as well as ask for your expert answers :)

I purchased a cat d FK3 around a week ago and I must say it is rather nice but I have a little issue with it.

The car was damaged at the rear right and has since been repaired and with it being the 1.8ex model it has all the goodies but i am rather unsure if the car is supposed to have parking sensors.

It already has a reversing camera which works well but the bumper has parking sensors on it too which don't seem to work.

I took apart the bumper and noticed the parking sensor wires had been cut but the sensors were still there.

Now my question is, if I get a parking sensor wiring loom. Where do I connect the oem sensors to? And also, should they work straight away or is there something I must do?

I opened up the panel to the right of the rear right seat and found what looks like a wire going up into the car with another wire stuck onto it which looks like it should connect to something. Would this be for the sensors? There was also no loose wires in the boot hidden away or anything.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Sounds like they were fitted but when the reverse camera was fitted they were disconnected. The sensors were probably left in the bumper otherwise the bumper would have needed repairing or replacing.

I think there should be a control module up behind the panel you mentioned for the sensors but it sounds like that may have been removed as well if there is only a wire. I guess you could get hold of a new module, speaker and wiring and retrofit but if the camera works OK then just use that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts