2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... is it me or do most of the Honda peeps not have a clue.

Im totally gutted, I ordered an 1.8 EX black in Nighthawk Black in early March 06 with the Rear view Camera and CD changer (in the arm rest). I also asked if I could have the leather interior and Glass roof. I was told that this would never be an option as adding these options on the EX would price the car out of the market... what do I find having been on the site today... guess what they are now options. Please someone educate them...

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Utter rubbish isn't it? How can you price a car out of it's market.... I mean.... if someone wants those things, and WANTS TO GIVE MONEY TO HONDA... then well..

Glad they've sorted it, but you must be pretty frustrated by that. I have a sneaking suspicion that the glass roof thing was due to a shortage, and not the reason officially given.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frustrated is not the word.

Now I have to wait till I sell this one, probably in a year or 2. Hopefully Honda will have got it right by then.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
honda_girly said:
Frustrated is not the word.

Now I have to wait till I sell this one, probably in a year or 2. Hopefully Honda will have got it right by then.
There was definitely a shortage. I think most of the long lead times are due to part shortage.

I know they made a hell of a lot of Sport diesels - even though the sport isn't one of the most popular models. This is probably because it didn't have the roof, and they had plenty of the 17" rims ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well initially i wanted the CTDi EX, but was told that I would have to wait till July/ August if I wanted it in Black (which I did), that was without any options at all. Cause I was coming out of a Company Car scheme, just couldnt wait that long.

But hey ho, least Ive got the car now... and I love it being admired...Ive almost become a Sales woman for it. Reckon Ive already sold 4 especially with all the tours I seem to be doing for people at work, who are all amazed by it and all wish they hadnt picked their naf Vauxhall Astras/ Peugoet 407 etc

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
From what I was told, the dealerships were only given notice of the EX Glass-roof option on 31st March 2006 after so many requests from all of us EX buyers wanting that as an extra. I was fortunate that I was in the showroom a couple of days later and able to order that on mine, I believe my EX today is one of the first off the production line with it fitted based on all the delivery dates I saw on the system... any colour other than Black or CosmicGrey I'd have had to wait until end of August almost.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
honda_girly said:
Well initially i wanted the CTDi EX, but was told that I would have to wait till July/ August, that was without any options at all. Cause I was coming out of a Company Car scheme, just couldnt wait that long.

But hey ho, least Ive got the car now... and I love it being admired...Ive almost become a Sales woman for it. Reckon Ive already sold 4 especially with all the tours I seem to be doing for people at work, who are all amazed by it and all wish they hadnt picked their naf Vauxhall Astras/ Peugoet 407 etc
Yeah, it's incredibly easy to sell these cars isn't it! :) The sales people have the easiest job ever :D

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Think I sold one tonight already, gave the neighbours a nighttime tour, soon as they saw the Starship Enterprise light up they were sold ;)

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
honda_girly said:
Well initially i wanted the CTDi EX, but was told that I would have to wait till July/ August if I wanted it in Black (which I did), that was without any options at all. Cause I was coming out of a Company Car scheme, just couldnt wait that long.

Opposite for me, had the black 2.2EX as that is what i wanted and other colours would be July earliest, and that was back in January.

·
Registered
230 Posts
hmm. i think different dealers in different areas get offered different cars. because in my area people got their civics in late december early january, mainly silvers blacks or galaxy greys tho. and i never heard anything about having to wait more than a month, let alone until june july august! unless its i-shift.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I am guessing that your local dealer is ordering cars in advance, and selling what they have. There's a big old waiting list for some combos.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts