Attachments

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Attached mine with a spot of super glue on each tab, appears to still be holding ok.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Bought off Ebay, it 's from a Honda S2000.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
yes i brought that one but because its not a type R the black plastic bit at the bottom don't fit, you would have to remove some of the gear stick assembly so that you have room to fit this even with a Type R surround i believe

so what i did was to remove all the plastic off the bottom and stretch the leather over the gear stick base

Img_1103.jpg

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
just remembered i made the hole in the plastic at the top of the gaiter bigger so that the gear knob sat right into it, i just held the drill bit in my hand and and did it that way and did it gradually until the knob sat flush into it and cut more thread on the lever

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
When i put mine on i removed the bracket completely and put a Type R surround and cubby hole door on with a MK 9 gear knob which has been changed again.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Arh so you've removed the circular silver part. Bet that sounds nicer instead of a cheap shifting car

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
When i put mine on i removed the bracket completely and put a Type R surround and cubby hole door on with a MK 9 gear knob which has been changed again.
in hind sight i wish i had done this, i might still be able to but would need to buy a type r set up and swap the gaiters over

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Yes, it looks a lot neater than the stander one, i also removed the whole bracket as well as the silver disc, not noticed any difference in sound, probably due to being a bit deaf. :smile3:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Good idea, save taking centre console out again, replace the small door at the same time to match up, looks odd if you don't

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so I have to take the centre console out to remove the silver ball and bracket.. ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
yes you will have to, to get at the bolts, mines got to come out again for some more mods so i will wait until everything has arrived and start stripping the car again

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Good job with the spraying.Had the badge made by Coolice a couple of years ago, engraved in ally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts