2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Pages 41, 42 and 43 of my Service Book. I'd be obliged if you could point out the text I'm obviously missing.
Font Paper Parallel Paper product Rectangle
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Symmetry
Font Rectangle Material property Paper Magenta

You'll probably notice also that Page 41 isn't stamped to show the car is on non-variable servicing (it should have been by the original supplying dealer), and tell me to look in the menu on the dashboard. I can take a photo of that also, showing that there is no service menu available, indicating that the car isn't on variable servicing.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
That's different from mine, I have 2012 9G auto, they make have "improved" it with the facelift.

I can scan the pages if that would help

The variable service interval box isn't ticked on mine, I doubt the dealers bother with that

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,064 Posts
The variable servicing is for dusty and hot climates.

In the UK the servicing is 12,500 miles or one year (petrol, not sure about diesel), whichever comes first. Dealers should have disabled the maintenance menu during the PDI but not all do.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
Great, thanks for that. Is there a filter involved do you know?
There was no filter on the 8 gen so (presume) the 9 gen's the same? Of course both are the 5 speed auto's . Did test drive a 9 gen SR auto and thought it drove pretty similar to the 8 gen (ride quality a bit better)

It would appear you are on the look out or considering the civic with 5 speed auto. Record of any g'box service would be re-assuring but our car did have 100k+ on the clock before I reckon the oil was changed. Our car's box was silky smooth and again, the kickdown was pretty instant ( one or more cog drops when the 'gas' pedal's down say for overtaking etc)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's different from mine, I have 2012 9G auto, they make have "improved" it with the facelift.

I can scan the pages if that would help

The variable service interval box isn't ticked on mine, I doubt the dealers bother with that
Thanks, a scan would be very useful.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts