2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Not really an in depth review... reads more like a review by someone who don't like Honda's period.... Maybe his boyfriend ran off with a Honda salesman ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
oh dear oh dear

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not really an in depth review... reads more like a review by someone who don't like Honda's period.... Maybe his boyfriend ran off with a Honda salesman ;)
Agreed, not the most indepth review and Whatcar reviewers do have a tendancy to be biast to their prefered manufacturer.

Have to say I was a bit suprised at the 2 stars

·
Registered
311 Posts
I wouldn't expect that from Whatcar. I hope that autoexpress is closer to the truth (don't have much faith in them either). Soon there will be much more reviews to compare and a test drive to do.

I must admit that on a test drive, i didn't find the 8gen bad. Wrong judgement. I was in love with it for excuse ;-)

Yet, the boot seems big, but not bigger than in the 8gen.

sent from Neptune using G2 and Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Given the propensity for the 8th gen to eat things like disks/ pads, drop links I hate to think how much labour will be to replace leaking suspension bushes!

·
Super Moderator
21,000 Posts
Given the propensity for the 8th gen to eat things like disks/ pads, drop links I hate to think how much labour will be to replace leaking suspension bushes!
If they have adopted a similar solution to the Citroen 'spheres' then they can be unscrewed and replaced quite quickly. Citroen must have a self sealing mechanism. My early Citroen C5 had very harsh rear suspension so the dealer replaced the rear spheres with ones from the Estate version that were softer. Made quite a difference.

I do hope Whatcar is wrong though. I can't see how this much publicised development has gone into the suspension for it to still crash over potholes and give a jittery ride.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
If you read the review there are several positives to come out of it, but it only gets 2 stars. That indicates some kind of anti-Honda bias to me.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
BMW 1 Series only got 3 stars

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
The new 1 series is also a complete hound, what are car designers up to these days!

There's now a review on autocar too

1 - 20 of 43 Posts