2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sold our trusty Civic 2.2 EX last week.

We owned it since new, 7 years and 90k miles later it's done well. Paid £13.5k for it (ex demo), sold it for £4350 (priced cheaply). So depreciation has been an amazingly low £1300 per year.

Apart from a new battery, no other costs outside the routine servicing costs....I worked including ALL costs (Mot/depreciation/Insurance/Fuel etc) the Civic had only cost £200-250/month which is amazing value for money....I know people who spend half that much a month on Sky TV :)

Though the Civic never quite did for it for me in regards to driving fun, it was amazingly practical, had all the toys you want and very economical. In the summer I was getting 550-570 miles for every tankful of fuel.

The Civic will be missed, but it's replacement has come all way from Japan and am sure will be just as good to us over the next few years as the Civic was :)

At home next to the BMW...Which feels very dated in comparison.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Initially took to WBAC after online valuation of £4650...but their real valuation was...hope your sitting down....£3100 :mad:

The guy kept on saying, 'its not in very good condition', 'its got scratches here/there....'. I was almost on the verge of telling him to ******. So that afternoon I put it on Autotrader for about £350 cheaper than similar cars from dealer (£1250 more than WBAC's offer), it sold with-in 1 hour of me putting the advert up for the asking price, and I had another 7 calls about the car with-in 24 hrs.

Here's how it looked when I sold it....to be honest, apart from a few stone chips its pretty much the same condition as when we picked it up 7 years ago...WBAC are jokers.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Initially took to WBAC after online valuation of £4650...but their real valuation was...hope your sitting down....£3100 :mad:

The guy kept on saying, 'its not in very good condition', 'its got scratches here/there....'. I was almost on the verge of telling him to ******. So that afternoon I put it on Autotrader for about £350 cheaper than similar cars from dealer (£1250 more than WBAC's offer), it sold with-in 1 hour of me putting the advert up for the asking price, and I had another 7 calls about the car with-in 24 hrs.

Here's how it looked when I sold it....to be honest, apart from a few stone chips its pretty much the same condition as when we picked it up 7 years ago...WBAC are jokers.

Looked nice. Somebody got themselves a nice motor and at a good price. I hate p/$$takers and when it's a car buying company, this is even worse.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
WBAC are the worse of the breed, they didn't tempt me with their low offer, nor their increases every 2 days when I ignored them.

Selling yourself is more hassle but provided your car is okay and priced well then it'll go without too much bother.

Yeah, someone got a good deal with your 8th gen.

Nice looking Lexus btw, I almost bought an older model before opting for the Civic.

Enjoy.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Fantastic, Honda reliability through and through. I'm sure that stunning new Lexus will be just as good too! Enjoy.

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Excellent thread. Should encourage anyone considering a higher mileage 2.2, very good mpg too.

Hope you enjoy the Lexus, nice looking car.

Looked nice. Somebody got themselves a nice motor and at a good price. I hate p/$$takers and when it's a car buying company, this is even worse.
WBAC are the worse of the breed, they didn't tempt me with their low offer, nor their increases every 2 days when I ignored them.

They've got to pay for those TV ads somehow...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
193 Posts

New car looks great. :)
WBAC quoted me around £200 for my Clio (first car), but I traded it into the garage where I got my civic and got £800 for it. Can't believe anyone actually sells their car to them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the comments....

One of the main reasons we went for Lexus was because the Civic has been so reliable. Which is why I find it funny when people on this forum complain about the build quality of the Civic :confused:

If you want unreliability just buy any 'premium' German brand, my 2008 BMW 335i (60K), has one mechanical issue after another in the last 18 months, currently there is a leak in the main radiator due to poor design of the original radiator. Yet try to explain to BMW owners that Honda's are better built than their BMWs....Your have better luck trying to solve the global debt problem [smilie=graytard.gi:

It's a shame Honda haven't tried to bring the Acura brand to Europe...But given the fact Lexus has been round for ages, and are still struggling to be recognised on par with BMW/Audi and Infiniti bare sold 4000 cars across the WHOLE of Europe I cannot blame Honda for not bothering chasing the BMW 3 / Audi A4 buyer :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our civic (the wife's car) hasn't missed a beat in 9 years and 100k miles. The front shocks had to be replaced last year but that was wear and tear. It does a great job at shuttling the kids about and the petrol 1.8 is giving up to 40mpg around town. No reason to sell it even though it is likely only worth a couple of grand.

I have a BMW320d as a company car and I can't wait to send it back. December can't come quick enough. The seats are so uncomfortable and the headlights are all but useless - the thing is dangerous at night on a country road. The 8 speed auto box is good and mpg is is about 58, so not all bad. The most serious issue is that the service contract changed the rear tyres in October from Michelin to Goodyear and the thing is sliding about all over the place - the back skipped out at 50mph last week and it was not even icy.

I will be looking hard at the Lexus in December - good kit levels and cheap on tax. Looks very nice too and there are not that many about. From the magazine write ups it is no slower than the Beemer but loses out when ragging it around bends, which is not my style anyway. I went to the Beemer from an accord ex estate which was the most comfortable and relaxing place to be bar none - a real shame these are not competitive as company cars as I would have another in a heart beat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts