2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my Civic has to go.

The problems are starting to mount up and they are not cheap. My second clutch is starting to slip and my rear calipers look like they are about to fail. Ive also had issues with the car fuel system, for some reason it thinks its running out of fuel at cuts power, then after power off it refuses to start again, need to use carb booster on the air filter to get it going again. On top of that my windscreen wiper motor looks like its about to fail.... again. Its all gonna be too much for me to sort.

Im gonna miss my Civic, its one of the best looking cars on the road and i love the driving experience. Feeling very sad..[smilie=unhappy-ang:

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its how often i use the car really. I go 2 weeks and onloy do a trip to the shop. then i drive 2k miles the next week.

The amount of standing time, i think, seems to have been the cause of most of my issues. Apart from these the car has been amazing.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
i think u need to give ** car to me for a week let me pay a visit to my family in germany i promise you u will be suprised how good ** car will feel after that even wipers
( i dont want anything than some shell gift vouchers :)))))

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
You're running a stage 2 remap, your clutch is going to slip unless you fit something like a CG one unfortunately. As for the rest, all sounds like stuff that isn't too hard to do yourself, apart from the fueling issue which is something I've never heard of before.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know i can sort most of the things myself, as for the fuel filter, it was replaced last month, so if its blocked then i have issues. I just dont have the time or the patience or the money to do whats needed.

I Did expect the clutch to last longer than it has as it was apparently the newer uprated clutch by honda, guys there is still too much there even for the honda uprated one.

I think the calipers are failing because ive had a few issues of slight binding, then just had one pad clamp down to bare metal whilst the other pad of the same pair still had almost full compound. Honda blamed to compund of the pad since it wasnt Honda pads, but the were fine for 6 months before they resurfaced them when the discs were changed.

The fuel issue, well the AA guy seems to think it was self preservation of the car, basically the car thought there was no fuel or very little, it went into safe mode, so nothing over 2k revs with a PGi FM flag on the warning. there was at least another 70 miles according to the computer and the needle was above the red line. It could be something else, but again if its something else it could be expensive, and if someone has money for me then i would def keep her.

Complaint over. And i dont think my civic would like a trip to a certain place in germany lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.