2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove a 1.8EX and fell in love straight away. One thing I didnt do was turn on the radio. So to those owner ,or lucky bast****, who have got their cars already, whats the in car entertainment like?
I get my 1.8 ES on Friday. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
It's not too bad really. It seems to have played all of the mp3 CDs I have thrown at it, and sounds fairly good in its standard speaker setup.

It's quite lacking in bass though. Playing something like Sigur Rós made my dashboard vibrate like nothing on earth!

Because of all the trouble I've had with my new Civic, and various admin related cockups, Honda have let me upgrade the speakers to the coaxials, and the new tweeters, alongside the Bassworks sub+amp pack.

should sound a bit better then I guess!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
When I test drove the Civ, I drove 2 sports. Thought the ICE was OK, but no more.

Then I sat and played with an EX, and noticed that it had a much better sound. Went inside and ordered an EX, stating that I'd like the ICE upgrade that their demo car had. "But it's standard" - so ordered standard.

Now wondering if the EX HU is better (I'm pretty certain it's a different HU) - we'll need to do a sound off at our first meet!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Pottsy said:
When I test drove the Civ, I drove 2 sports. Thought the ICE was OK, but no more.

Then I sat and played with an EX, and noticed that it had a much better sound. Went inside and ordered an EX, stating that I'd like the ICE upgrade that their demo car had. "But it's standard" - so ordered standard.

Now wondering if the EX HU is better (I'm pretty certain it's a different HU) - we'll need to do a sound off at our first meet!
I'm up for that ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
damn, didn't know there would actually be a sound difference between the two types of head units.

and we are actually guna have a meet?? :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
If you do, then please take pictures. :)

Edit:

Does the UK sport come with the tweeter set as standard?
That might have explained the difference. I saw a brochure that didn't list them on sport level. Lucky for me that was incorrect for Finnish trim levels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts