2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once again the civic is leaking like a colander 馃が馃が Never known a car like it, the seam sealer they have used must have been from the Japanese pound shop!!
Now got the headliner out, the full rear side trim and all the boot trim and it's coming in through the roof rail seams, the rear light seams, the fuel filler assembly, and just about any other seam that has contact with the outside world...... Once it stops raining I'm going to buy shares in sikaflex due to the amount of the stuff I'll be using on the car to sort it out..... Anyway rant over, i just thought i would share the pictures All the areas in blue with arrows are water ingress and the others are where the water runs and pools.

Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
Whilst you have it all stripped out is it worth changing all those rubber seals as they may be over a decade old and starting to degrade ?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #3
Whilst you have it all stripped out is it worth changing all those rubber seals as they may be over a decade old and starting to degrade ?
There's only 4 rubber grommets the rest are plastic and are in good flexible condition, none are brittle. On the upside I'm fitting the parking sensor whilst its stripped out as it makes it really easy to do!! Plus swapping out the front seat belts for retrimmed red ones.

Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
Might just drill a hole and attach a spout to the boot floor and accept that it's part boat :rolleyes:

Reactions: MarkJT

Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
There's only 4 rubber grommets the rest are plastic and are in good flexible condition, none are brittle. On the upside I'm fitting the parking sensor whilst its stripped out as it makes it really easy to do!! Plus swapping out the front seat belts for retrimmed red ones.
I meant the large rubber ring round the tailgate for example.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
I meant the large rubber ring round the tailgate for example.
The tailgate seal is fine, as are the tail light seals, plus these are all accessible when the car interior is refitted. They are just pull off items (y)

Registered
I thought I had multiple leaks but was just the roof rails where it meets the tailgate. Put some tiger seal over it (my car is black so can鈥檛 notice it much) and that cured it.

Registered
I had been having issues with leaks recently but my boot is now dry even after all this rain.
I first had water in both sides of the boot, sealed the roof rails and it cured the left side but the right side of the boot was still getting wet.

I put sealant around the rubber for the wire entry point and around the seam behind the right rear side light and around the mounting screw holes.

Registered
I had a go at patching the 3 key points... Behind the rear cluster, the rubber boots where the tailgate wiring is and the roof rails.

Looks like an utter dogs dinner but I don't plan to sell the car on :ROFLMAO:

The other side is neater as I worked out I should be using a small tool rather than my finger. But my rubber boots are pretty tight. I feel its the two screw holes behind the cluster as they're not protected by anything.

What's more annoying is the boot is utterly flooded, even 30+ mins with a heat gun at 500c didn't do much to dry it 馃サ It's so flooded that it'll be hard to tell whether the sealing worked or not until either Summer or I go back and keep heat blasting it...

Registered
Child broke the dehumidifier.... Busted the reservoir 馃槙

Suppose I can still rig it up and leave it for an afternoon or so!

The heat gun took out almost all the standing water :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts