2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
its black vinyl wrap. you can take off the arch and wrap it up like I you would any other part.
Oh wow thank you for the reply. It looks very nice, but I read that you are gonna exchange them for the color coded ones.

On the other side I want the color coded ones, black ones to be specific, because my car is black, but they are the most expensive on cox. I wonder if there is much color difference between the black vinyl you have used.

Do you remember on which website you have bought them?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Oh wow thank you for the reply. It looks very nice, but I read that you are gonna exchange them for the color coded ones.

On the other side I want the color coded ones, black ones to be specific, because my car is black, but they are the most expensive on cox. I wonder if there is much color difference between the black vinyl you have used.

Do you remember on which website you have bought them?
ofcourse, its the black gloss wrap from this website

I have had a great experience with the vinyl, If I was sticking with the black arches I would have stayed with vinyl wrapped arches. Saying that I am not sure how well would they match in colour with a black car. If you live nearby to any of their shops, just pop in and ask for a sample, they are generally quite accomodating. otherwise if you want I can send you a small piece in the post and you can check how well it goes with the car.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ofcourse, its the black gloss wrap from this website

I have had a great experience with the vinyl, If I was sticking with the black arches I would have stayed with vinyl wrapped arches. Saying that I am not sure how well would they match in colour with a black car. If you live nearby to any of their shops, just pop in and ask for a sample, they are generally quite accomodating. otherwise if you want I can send you a small piece in the post and you can check how well it goes with the car.
Thank you for your kindness. I live in The Netherlands.. how much is the delivery cost for a small piece in the post?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi All, newbie here. and am wondering if somebody can help. I have seen references and mentions across the web that MK9 Type R spoiler can be installed on pre Facelift but with some effort. I am decent with the tools and am willing to try this. Can some body point me any instructions or anyone who has done this install. Not being lazy I have tried googling but havent found much accept that some people have dont it

thanks
So after weeks or research I went ahead and took the plunge. I think its not an easy DIY but is doable. I bought a spoiler of the used market but as soon as it got delivered I knew I was in trouble. the mounting brackets that connect to the tail gate are missing on the spoiler.

I dont think I can buy them separate but if anyone know I can and from where, I would really appricate the help. thanks

View attachment 312911 View attachment 312912 View attachment 312913

Below image is from the install instructions. notice the bracket that missing on mine

View attachment 312914

Another one that you can just about see the bracket.

View attachment 312915

Any help would be really appreciated.. thanks
Take a pic of the brackets and email them to your local Honda dealer they will then send you a price, nothing to worry about🤔🙂

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thank you for your kindness. I live in The Netherlands.. how much is the delivery cost for a small piece in the post?

So standard non tracked small letter (DL) is about £1.70 you cant use that size to wrap anything but I think it should be more then enough for you to just get a feel of what it would look like.

All this would only be helpful if you are planning to order from the site I shared so please do check if they post to Netherlands otherwise the shade maybe slightly different from other places.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, for the head lights you would need to swap the front bumper as well. I black wheel arche wasnt painted but vinyl wrapped. I never got the chance to actually do all them and then I found a good deal on red arches so I am swapping them to the color coded ones now..
I'd be crazy enough to also swap the front bumper just to fit those facelift headlights. If only that would be all.

·
Registered
89 Posts

So standard non tracked small letter (DL) is about £1.70 you cant use that size to wrap anything but I think it should be more then enough for you to just get a feel of what it would look like.

All this would only be helpful if you are planning to order from the site I shared so please do check if they post to Netherlands otherwise the shade maybe slightly different from other places.
It seems they don't ship to The Netherlands. I will find a shop here. Thank you.

·
Registered
89 Posts
No, for the head lights you would need to swap the front bumper as well. I black wheel arche wasnt painted but vinyl wrapped. I never got the chance to actually do all them and then I found a good deal on red arches so I am swapping them to the color coded ones now..
I facelifted my car to Type R headlights and grills. So that means I have the facelift lift headlights and fog lights grill, under grill and the front garnish panel. I am selling these parts. If you decide to go for the facelift route just pm me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'd be crazy enough to also swap the front bumper just to fit those facelift headlights. If only that would be all.
I would have but I have factory fitted xeon
I facelifted my car to Type R headlights and grills. So that means I have the facelift lift headlights and fog lights grill, under grill and the front garnish panel. I am selling these parts. If you decide to go for the facelift route just pm me.
I have factory fitted xenons so didnt take a plunge on bumper swap. I always thought facelift headlights are halogens? Is that right? Are type r leds? How easy was the swap? Do share the details..

·
Registered
89 Posts
The facelift headlights are available in halogens and led stock I believe (the led strip is led on both model). It is also possible to swap the halogen bulbs into led bulbs (which make it the same result).

The Type R swap is difficult without electrician knowledge. But if you know how, it is easy. (Not sure about the prefacelift model, but should not be that much difference). Possible to buy the needed cables at ebay and customize them or either buy them from honda dealer and customize.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts