2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,my name is Carl and thought id register and say hello on here as i think im going to be owning a Civic.
For a long time ive been all for VWs but have recently been looking at Hondas.
Ive had 3 Passat the last being a 2004 1.9TDI which has been faultless and im hoping the Civic will be equal if not better in a few ways as ive not drove one yet.
Im going looking at a 2008 EX tommorow and would like to ask a few questions,
1 Is there anything i should be looking for on this model that is prone to going wrong?
2 Is there anything i should be listening for?
3 As the car is fully loaded and has a lot that could go wrong are there any common things that are always going wrong?
I hope to join you soon with questions and advice,but ill have to see how it goes tommorrow.
Thanks in advance

Carl

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hi mate, sorry cant comment on the car your after but generally they are bullit proof, you should be able to find most hings about the car on here though.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
have a look round for general condition mate, other than that check for service history but other than that as said they are pretty much bullet proof. I've had a few hondas and they have been amazing.

I've recently made the switch from a golf mk5 gt 170 to a civic, the golf was a good car for what it was, a very fast diesel but i personally prefer the drive of the honda.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help,
I quess ill see tomorrow when i drive it.
Its a black one so any body dings should be easy to see.
Just hope its a good un and not a lemon.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Welcome indeed, to the BEST Forum there is !!! ...

Now 'pony up' a little money, buy a CIVINFO.COM sticker, and become a Supporter - lots of extra stuff \ info suddenly available ! :D ...

Did you buy a Civic yet ? - if it helps, I have a 2007 1.8 EX, and the only issue I've ever had is with the CD player

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well i got one :D:p:p:D
Not the one i went after at AM Motors but after driving 140 miles to Doncaster and coming home all disheartened,dont know how she did it but my other half found one 8 miles away.We went loooked,drove,looked again and put a deposit on it.
2009 EX fully loaded,buttons everywhere.
Pick up Monday or Tuesday:woman:

·
9,228 Posts
Well I got one :D:p:p:D Not the one I went after at AM Motors but after driving 140 miles to Doncaster and coming home all disheartened, don't know how she did it but my other half found one 8 miles away. We went, looked, drove, looked again and put a deposit on it. 2009 EX fully loaded, buttons everywhere. Pick up Monday or Tuesday.
:woman:
Well done ! - is that the 2009 Model (Facelift with the Aux-In) - or just a 2009 Registration ? ...

·
9,228 Posts
I think that the 2009 facelift model had the 'nostrils' grill, but these are often changed, so doesn't really help ...

The significant difference, is that the 2009+ model has a USB Aux-In (+ connection cable) etc. in the centre console compartment - earlier models have no OEM Aux-In (but there are plenty of good value after-market alternatives) ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didnt notice anything but now you mention it ill look when i pick it up.
Im still getting used to these civics,very clever these chinese.

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Welcome, enjoy your new car, get you wallet out as you will be spending plenty now you are on the forum.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I didnt notice anything but now you mention it ill look when i pick it up.
Im still getting used to these civics,very clever these chinese.
Japanese ;)

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Well i got one :D:p:p:D
Not the one i went after at AM Motors but after driving 140 miles to Doncaster and coming home all disheartened,dont know how she did it but my other half found one 8 miles away.We went loooked,drove,looked again and put a deposit on it.
2009 EX fully loaded,buttons everywhere.
Pick up Monday or Tuesday:woman:
Excellent news mate, why were you disheartened with the civic in doncaster by the way mate out of interest?

Ta

1 - 20 of 22 Posts