2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just signing up after placing the deposit down on a 2008 / 58 1.8 Petrol Manual Civic ES 5 door

Phew ... that's a mouthful

It's a replacement for a KA for a runaround and we needed a bigger car to fit a pram into the boot

Grrr .... it's not right choosing a car by the boot space as opposed to how it handles / performs ... LOL

Anyway at the mo I'm looking for a recommendation for iPod / iPhone 3G connectivity and also front and rear parking sensors so that it's kept in as good condition as possible

Any tips / pointers would be appreciated

Also are there any recalls / fixes for any known issues that I should be aware of ?

cheers

Raj

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
strange how it doesn't show up on my first post ... just posts going forward from when I added the siggy

atm I'm trawling the forum and using search to find which parking sensors and iPod solution to go for

I printed out the new car check list for when i collect the used car from the dealer

anything else I should do ?

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
A checklist is a good idea because you can easily forget things.

There is a parking sensors and iPod solution in the Wiki (from memory).

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forums :D

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
hello and welcome :smile:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
hi and welcome, I work in Reading, so may see you about?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Regarding your question re I pod and parking sensors.

The costs vary, my car doesn't have i pod connectivity, looked at fitting the dice unit £200 fitted, so have gone for the griffin fm connector, and so far works real well including motorway driving for around £20.

As for the parking sensors your looking at a couple of hundred pounds again. These issues are well covered on this forum.

Hope you enjoy the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts