2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone ever had issues with the sliding panoramic roof cover?

If it is open and I try to close it, stops half way. Sometimes it will then make a snapping sound and close all of a sudden as if its forced. Same way round, if its closed, it will stick mid-way.

Any ideas?

Derek

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Do a search on the roof blinds mate. It's a common problem with these that many have come across :thumbdown:

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is a known problem and can take a long time to fix because the headlining practically has to come out. My dealer did mine just after I bought it and said it took 5 hours (I didn't have to pay). They fit new sliders to the moving part. If I were you I would either leave them open or shut and just accept that it doesn't work any more. Someone else may know of an alternative fix but that is my experience I'm afraid.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,640 Posts
Hi, has anyone ever had issues with the sliding panoramic roof cover?

If it is open and I try to close it, stops half way. Sometimes it will then make a snapping sound and close all of a sudden as if its forced. Same way round, if its closed, it will stick mid-way.

Any ideas?

Derek
some info to read.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
This is a known problem and can take a long time to fix because the headlining practically has to come out. My dealer did mine just after I bought it and said it took 5 hours (I didn't have to pay). They fit new sliders to the moving part. If I were you I would either leave them open or shut and just accept that it doesn't work any more. Someone else may know of an alternative fix but that is my experience I'm afraid.
+1, I had exactly the same experience with my 2.2 ES bought from Honda dealer 10 days ago. If I'd had to pay for the fix, I'd have opted to live with the problem as already suggested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts