2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not be alarmed but thought you all might be intrested, I am driving a 2008 1.8i-vtec and i have just had it serviced. The bit i was shocked about was when i took it in they informed me that some Civics have been recalled due to the drive shafts, not sure what is wrong but i have now been told i need a new drive shaft. (not to worry as they foot the bill:)). Has any one else had this.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
nope.. had mine serviced novemeber and no mention. theres a thread here somewhere for honda uk recalls

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Use the live chat or call your dealer mate, I went through their live chat to get it done earlier today as the website wasn't working for me either.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok people i have just called the dealer so i can update you all.

I have been informed that it only effects the 2008 models, and it is a problem with a batch of drive shafts that had been heat treated incorrectly resulting in some cracking in the drive shafts, i have been informed that mine was cracking near the spline there for needs replacing.
only one drive shaft needs replacing as the other is from another batch.
i hope this puts some of you at ease

·
Premium Member
5,303 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me at all. The Civic is riddled with faults and made with sub standard parts compared to previous Civics :rolleyes::worms:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all 2008 models mate best thing u could do if concerned is to go to honda website go on to live chat and give them ** reg and they will let u know as i did it and they confirmed to me that my dealer had told me. i didnt tell them i had a fault i made out that i heard about faults they said they can confirm the is a fault with my car and that honda will resolve it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.