2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken delivery of a brand new Civic iCDTi2.2ES. Right from driving away from the dealers, I noticed a "clunking" from the rear of the car. On contacting the dealer, I was informed that they were aware of the problem and to take the car in for inspection. It turns out that the rear shock absorbers are u/s and require relacement. The car has only done 20 miles!!! Has anyone else had this problem? :(

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I thought they'd fixed this now! Yes, a supply of shocks was faulty and it has happened to quite a few people. Pretty poor that the dealer didn't test drive the car, like they should, spot the noise and change the shocks before you picked it up.

How long for it to get fixed?

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I'm currently concocting a list of check to make on my car for the pick up day, using this part of the forum!!!! The dealer is gonna think I'm nuts picking through a brand new car with a fine tooth comb!!!!!! :oops:

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now THIS is what a Honda feels like!!!! No thumps, bumps, rattles or knocks. New shocks fitted and I can hear the radio now.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Jetjocky,

Does it really make that much difference when the shocks are replaced. I'm into my third week of waiting.

How long did you have to wait, from the day the dealer ordered them ?.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Jetjocky,

Does it really make that much difference when the shocks are replaced. I'm into my third week of waiting.

How long did you have to wait, from the day the dealer ordered them ?.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
sorry, My wouse finger appears to have a stammer.

Must be worry, reading about all these problems with the Civic !!

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I presume it's bad enough that I would have noticed it from getting my car yesterday if I had dodgy shocks on? :)

I requested (as advised on here) that they put mine on a ramp and check the serials of the shocks before I collect the car.

*Unofficially* all the dealerships have been told by Honda that they can only do this or change them if requested by the customer upon already taking delivery of the car and complaining about the shocks. You didn't hear that from me ;)

In other words if any are still delivered with the dodgy batch, even if they know about it they still have to give it to the customer in that state... makes sense from their side as they can't do this for every model that comes in I guess?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Fedorov,

I notice it most going slowly over speed humps.

You can hear a knocking noise from the rear.

No, its not the wife trying to get out of the hatch !!!

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Fedorov said:
I presume it's bad enough that I would have noticed it from getting my car yesterday if I had dodgy shocks on? :)

I requested (as advised on here) that they put mine on a ramp and check the serials of the shocks before I collect the car.

*Unofficially* all the dealerships have been told by Honda that they can only do this or change them if requested by the customer upon already taking delivery of the car and complaining about the shocks. You didn't hear that from me ;)

In other words if any are still delivered with the dodgy batch, even if they know about it they still have to give it to the customer in that state... makes sense from their side as they can't do this for every model that comes in I guess?
But why on earth are they sending cars out with these faulty shocks? They should replace them at teh factory, not send people out to see if they notice or not.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
I know, you would think that it would cost them more to send replacement shocks and pick up the warranty bill from the dealer!!! thing is though, not having worked on production line but know someone who has, it would take a lot of messing around to get the item changed on the line and it's an easier way out.

Maybe it will filter through soon though. 2200 miles later and I haven't noticed any undue noise from my shocks.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I quite agree.

This is my first Honda, I'd heard so much about how good they are.

Bit of a let down to buy this fabulously looking car, and find that, after all

the thousands of miles of testing, they send it out to customers ,with some

really bad faults.

The type that Gissing had, being the most serious.

We should all drive to the Swindon factory one day, in convoy, and air our

grievances, with one of the bosses there

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Well........... I'll be more than likely meeting Honda people when I go to the F1 place. I'll see if anyone there has any involvement with Swindon.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I'm going to that as well Gissing. Have you recieved any more info from them yet? I phoned them last week and they reckoned they were going to send us info yesterday or today :roll:

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
So you were the lucky buggers then :D I work down the road from the HQ in Slough, might knock on their door sometime.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Hartside said:
I'm going to that as well Gissing. Have you recieved any more info from them yet? I phoned them last week and they reckoned they were going to send us info yesterday or today :roll:
Nothing at all. They're meant to be sending the passes through the post. They refused to reply to my emails, so I ended up calling them as well.

Let me know if you hear anything..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts