2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just called me, she was chatting to a NHB Civic owner she passes outside the school, enquired why she's not seen his Civic lately... turns out he now keeps it in his garage, he got up one Sunday morning to find what appeared to be an air rifle pellet hole through his windscreen, doesn't think it was a drive-by as there was a car parked facing his on the road on the Saturday night so suspicions are that it was very deliberately done.

He's just got himself a PC and is sorting his internet connection out so as soon as he gets on these forums (which I've informed him about) I'm sure we can get a better picture of what happened, he's had his windscreen replaced :(

Forget the spare wheel, I want a bullet-proof vest! :shock:

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Don't ever suggest a meet in Feds' 'Hood, I ain't goin' out like that.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Surely it could be a stone he didnt notice?
Yes BG I have my doubts on how it could be seen as an air rifle pellet compared to a stone chip, unless of course it's gone right through and made a small clean hole - I'll try to find out more, hopefully he'll be on these forums very soon.

Andrea, you'll find me on the Frappr civinfo map, and where this allegedly happened I would hardly consider a dodgy area, parked on the road outside a school his Civic would be noticed/admired by hundreds of people everyday.

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
I wonder what effect it would have on his car insurance, if he told them

'someone fired at it with a gun'. They'd have a field day.

·
Registered
975 Posts
i would just like some more soundproofing in my car, which new glass could maybe do lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
I seriously doubt that an air rifle is powerfull enough to penetrate the windshield. On the other hand a small caliber rifle or pistol (.22 caliber) is more likely candidate - and that sounds scary because such a weapon could easily kill a man.

·
Resident Medic!
191 Posts
Changing windscreen

I know there has been an issue with Renaults with the automatic wipers and lights not working properly when the windscreen is changed, apparently due to the wrong glass being fitted by windcreen man, or sensors not replaced properly. Have there been such issues with the Civic with the Auto wipers/lights?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I doubt most air rifles which would be within the price brackets of young chav/chavettes would be capable of penetrating an laminated car windscreen, and if it could, there wouldn't be a clean hole, but a larger hole on the inside face of the glass..

meh.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
An old thread resurrected... I'll never know anymore as the poor chap with the NHB Civic sadly passed away suddenly a few months ago, bit of a shock :(

·
Resident Medic!
191 Posts
So it is, I never noticed! My condolences if you knew him well!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts