2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states.

I bought this car under the impression that it was a group ten after looking online and speaking to dealer.

However when it comes to insuring my car with bell they are trying to tell me it's a group 20. And my premium is going to be more than what it is for a 2.0l renaultsport clio.

Anyone on here help clear things up for me??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Old insurance group ratings of 1-20 then 10 would sound right. I think the new style groups go from 1-50 so 20 would sound about right there. Sounds like your insurer is taking the piss! Are you midway through an insurance policy? I've had previous companies hike up my premium when I've changed cars halfway through

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 1 month left of this year. It was one of them after 5 o'clock phone calls where you have to repeat yourself over and over again to someone called "Barry". Didn't sound like a Barry. Not helpful in the slightest.

Anyway he was trying to say that a 1.8 civic is higher than a clio 182 when it comes to what group it is. The clio is group 16? Off the top of my head

·
< User Title Goes Here >
632 Posts
Yeah I have done that. Going to ring them tomorrow morning. Then go pick up the car. Can't wait. Love what you've done to yours!!
Good luck mate! Be sure to get some pics up when you get it :D

Cheers for the kind remarks ;)

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
That is to say, group 18 out of 50. If Barry says the clio is group 16, he means 16 out of the old 1-20 scale. Slightly out of date, since the industry had changed over to the 1-50 scale by the time I bought my Si new 3 years ago!!

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
in apr and oct 11, the 1.8 SI was a group 21E (out of 50)

clarify with the insurance company what scale they use as most on the telephone monkeys wont know what you are talking about.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts