2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My car is going in for a service this month and I managed to get a special offer. As Part of this they have said they would check and update the software version on the car. Does anyone know how I could check what version of software my car currently has installed? And what the latest version of software for a 2006 1.8 petrol Honda civic es (55 plate) is?

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Hi mate, be very careful with the ECU software as I have mine updatred "which is free from Honda by the way". After it was done, my car started rev dropping at traffic lights etc, I took it back and they said it was nothing to do with them but they cleaned the throttle body as "this is a regular problem, with the 2006 version".

I heard them thrashing the nuts of it in the garage and was so surprised by their general lack of customer support, will never take it back again.

I have taken off the throttle body, MAF sensor, air box and pipes, cleaned properly and it is far better but no where near as good as it was.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have Sat nav fitted and I've got a manual transmission. I got the impression it was for the ECU but that is a scary story zobo when did did you get the update done? Was it recently and do you know what version they put on?

The main reason I was wanting an update to the software was in hope that it might fix a problem I having with an after market Bluetooth modual.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/107615-ebay-a2dp-bluetooth-kit-please-help.html

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
The aftermarket blue tooth module won't have anything to do with the ecu. The ecu controls the car electrical engine components and regulates the engine, reports faults etc but only for the engine. When you do diagnostics, all the modules talk seperatly.

I had it done about 2 months ago, it could be just that Marshall's in narborough are a poor dealer but it is an amazing coincidence.

Think if you have the software updated it is worth mentioning this so if your car has the same result you have a fall back for them to sort it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts