2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, thought i'd post a video of what a resonator delete is like for our cars since there isn't all that many videos floating online. more or less stock apart from running a Ktuner at 21 psi boost.

Car was warm at the time.

20200312_114922.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm def interested in this, did the same on my st250 and it sounded great, just need the warranty to expire......

Did an exhaust garage sort it for you and how much was it?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm def interested in this, did the same on my st250 and it sounded great, just need the warranty to expire......

Did an exhaust garage sort it for you and how much was it?

Got exhaust doctor/Powerflow exhausts to do it in Newcastle, costed me £120. Couldn't recommend them more, they also do full custom systems as well as custom backboxes, tips etc.

Could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere but i like the safety with their reputation that their work was going to be clean. Also kept the res to weld back on when i go to sell the car in the future.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got exhaust doctor/Powerflow exhausts to do it in Newcastle, costed me £120. Couldn't recommend them more, they also do full custom systems as well as custom backboxes, tips etc.

Could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere but i like the safety with their reputation that their work was going to be clean. Also kept the res to weld back on when i go to sell the car in the future.
That's not a bad price, there is a power flow near me, may have to pop in and see how much they will do it for

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not a bad price, there is a power flow near me, may have to pop in and see how much they will do it for

Keep in mind if stock volume is around a 2, i would rate the res delete around a 4? Volume doesn't go up much but gives the car a bit of much needed character.

The exhaust is barely audible in cabin with windows up also if drone was a worry.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Keep in mind if stock volume is around a 2, i would rate the res delete around a 4? Volume doesn't go up much but gives the car a bit of much needed character.

The exhaust is barely audible in cabin with windows up also if drone was a worry.
Cheers, I guessed as much, just gives a slightly throatier tone just what I'm after

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the video - been looking at getting this done myself. Any chance of a video from outside the car driving to hear the sound under load?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the video - been looking at getting this done myself. Any chance of a video from outside the car driving to hear the sound under load?

not at the moment, mates don't want to stand about on a street to record me doing a drive-by and i cant really setup a camera somewhere.

If i do a drive by i'll make another post / update this one.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Hi, sounds great. Can I ask how is the resonator removed?
Is it a chop out and weld a piece in?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
If its anything like the one I had done on my St it was chopped then replacement pipe was put in place with clamps

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, sounds great. Can I ask how is the resonator removed?
Is it a chop out and weld a piece in?

Yeah the guys chopped it out and welded a pipe. Asked them to keep the resonator for me so i can get it weld back on in the future if iwanted to.

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts
Yeah the guys chopped it out and welded a pipe. Asked them to keep the resonator for me so i can get it weld back on in the future if iwanted to.
Thanks, would you have a pic of the piece they chopped out please?

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,637 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, thought i'd post a video of what a resonator delete is like for our cars since there isn't all that many videos floating online. more or less stock apart from running a Ktuner at 21 psi boost.

Car was warm at the time.

Nice sound, I'm thinking of making same modification on my 1.5T, as it is possibly the cheapest way to improve the exhaust sound :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts