·
Premium Member
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing but praise.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It's a very positive review; almost sounds like a "sponsored by Honda" review but it's not. CVT won't be quite as good as it saps some of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nice to see that Honda have finally put some decent quality plastics in the interior of the Civic. What a shame it is such an odd looking car. Not for me I'm afraid. When my 8G finally packs up (the clutch has been slipping for about a year now!) I shall be leaving Honda after 17 years of ownership. Shame really.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I managed an unsupervised test in 1.5L Prestige CVT a couple of weeks ago, and despite all my negative preconceptions, I really loved it. Gearbox is lovely and well matched to the engine, which has plenty of zip and is more than adequate for most situations. When my 8G packs in, I'll be ib the hunt for a Sport Plus CVT.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
I managed an unsupervised test in 1.5L Prestige CVT a couple of weeks ago, and despite all my negative preconceptions, I really loved it. Gearbox is lovely and well matched to the engine, which has plenty of zip and is more than adequate for most situations. When my 8G packs in, I'll be ib the hunt for a Sport Plus CVT.

Yes they seem to have got the new CVT just right .:grin2:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

How did you find the throttle response
in stop/start slow moving traffic? Did you get a unexpected surge in acceleration if you pressed the pedal a little too hard in those conditions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
How did you find the throttle response
in stop/start slow moving traffic? Did you get a unexpected surge in acceleration if you pressed the pedal a little too hard in those conditions?

sorry it has taken so long to reply, but I found the response to be exactly as I would like, the CVT box is smoother than the one in my 8G so there was no problem. I suspect that the auto cruise function would cater for stop/start conditions very capably.

·
Premium Member
2,088 Posts
Post #1 - 13'20" - 250 lb ft torque?
(Checking, it is close to the actual equivalent Nm equivalent value, so slight journo error only)
Did he have a remapped one?

Joking aside, 0 - 60 mph in 6.9"???
1st - 2nd change seemed a bit brutal, but don't think he 'power-changed' (accelerator to the floor and keep it there, hoping you change OK!!).

Most magazines have been very 'ambivalent' about it, liking it at best, so it did seem a little too positive - nevertheless it was nice if it really was an unbiased review!!

Al.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Post #1 - 13'20" - 250 lb ft torque?
(Checking, it is close to the actual equivalent Nm equivalent value, so slight journo error only)
Did he have a remapped one?

Joking aside, 0 - 60 mph in 6.9"???
1st - 2nd change seemed a bit brutal, but don't think he 'power-changed' (accelerator to the floor and keep it there, hoping you change OK!!).

Most magazines have been very 'ambivalent' about it, liking it at best, so it did seem a little too positive - nevertheless it was nice if it really was an unbiased review!!

Al.

He was using the speedo, so probably in real terms was 0-57 MPH.

The car does feel faster than the official figures suggest; it can be quite difficult to keep traction particularly in first gear.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Definitely one of the...

more positive and enthusiastic reviews out there. It sounds to me a bit like he's as surprised by the overall value proposition as the actual car.

His channel has a good spread of price and performance on its cars so he's probably got a solid basis for judging both? He seems like a journo/vlogger trying to get onto the top tier press pack invite list so a few reports of this kind are likely good for the cause

1 - 10 of 10 Posts