2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, couple days ago i saw the introduction of the new jazz on television. To my surprise it has the same steering wheel as in the civic. Now i dont know if it was like that before but i cannot understand why honda decided to do this. The jazz is obviously a class lower than the civic and the steering wheel looks pretty sporty so not really a good choice for an urban car like the jazz. Almost like honda decided not to be bothered by making a new wheel. i thought it looked plain stupid :confused:.
Let me know what you guys think

ps; to make things clear, i dont have anything against the jazz

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
To my surprise it has the same steering wheel as in the civic. Now i dont know if it was like that before but i cannot understand why honda decided to do this.
Cost cutting.

Many manufacturers share common parts across their model ranges.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
The steering wheel is not the only part the jazz and civic
share. they also share interior door handles centre airevents and I am sure a few other things

absolutly nothing wrong in doing this

·
Registered
102 Posts
We all love the Civic, but it's a cheap car to make and to buy. The engines are great, the handling is good, the steering is very direct, but look at the compromises: no double wishbones, poor sound insulation, cheap plastics, weak paint. It's not a premium car and we can't expect it to be perfect. So if Honda are cutting costs this fine I'm fine with that.

Anyway, like the old Jazz interiour better. It is suprisingly spacious, whereas the new one looks more like a small Civic.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
The Jazz also has a similar bonnet to the Civic too. Maybe that are just trying to make it a mini Civic like the Polo is a mini Golf

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
The front of the new Jazz reminds me of the last gen Civic.
Hmm, have to disagee with that one, I thought the old one looked like a Mini Civic Stream/Shuttle thing but the new one looks more like the 8th gen civic especially when you look at the bonnet. Had the bump in the middle

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
The lambo gallardo has the same wheel as a golf gti.

Most of the lotus elise/exige had vauxhall swithgear in it

half of the Jag range had the same if not similar swithes and stalks as the mondeo range, not to mention the engine block was the same.

Simple answer, costs.

The wheel in the Jazz now is better than the previous model, end of.

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
It doesn't bother me to be honest, it's a simple cost cutting exercise and will give Jazz owners a feeling of being a bit 'sporty' when they drive.

As you say woette, the Jazz is a good car and necessarily just for the over 50's, either :D

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Please respect the Jazz, old and new... They're best in class, no doubt.
Well said they are brilliant cars, and if we are talking about the civic steering wheel it is used in many Honda models world wide so why anybody thinks it`s exclusive to the civic I can`t imagine :?::?:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts