2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

To cut a long story short my 08 1.8 civic was stolen using the key.

The police found the car locked and parked less than a mile away from my home. I took my other key to go and recover the car but it would not start.

It sounded like the battery had completely died so I phoned the RAC to come and jump it.

The RAC guy tried jump starting it but it will only turn over and not start. We topped the fuel up as it was low, He ran a diagnostics on it checked some fuses etc but could not get it to start.

I had the car towed and have been trying to get it started. I have charged the battery. The key seems to work fine but the car just turns over and won't start.

The car had a light scrape on the front bumper so had been in a bit of a knock. They had pulled off my aftermarket mic that had a wire running down the front pillar and under the dash (nothing else was tampered with or stolen)

THINGS I HAVE ALREADY CHECKED:

There is no green flashing key light on the dash.
I have checked the fuel cut off switch, I thought that was going to be the issue as the mic wire ran past this switch but it is fine.
I have scanned the car with a Bluetooth ODB adapter but no codes are showing.

Does anyone have any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It was the middle of the night so I can not remember if they were, If this was the case shouldn't there be a green flashing key symbol on the dash?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. I have checked the fuel cutoff switch it was not depressed. I removed it and put it back in and reset it but the issue remains.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Have you got the email from the RAC patrol with a report sheet for what he has done

If he ran a diagnostic on it the fault codes would be attached to that report.

Sounds like either your key has lost its program with the car, or patrol jumped with keys in ignition and fried the immobiliser.

The diagnostic fault codes would highlight a key fault normally . (Been there done it and got the t shirt)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They sent me an email but it didn't include a report sheet. I was looking over his shoulder when he ran the diagnostics. No codes where detected

Feeling stuck on this one. Would you guys say its worthing phoning out a mobile mechanic?

Cheers

Joe

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Will pm you mate or maybe not as not enough posts for you yet .

I got to be a little careful what I say as its a public forum but will try my best

You need to recontact the RAC and ask for a second opinion.

There are various procedures inc jump start procedures and certain wording that needs to be put on the form to protect the patrol and protect the RAC.

If those words aren't there and they have fried it then they are liable basically

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info mate. I will contact the RAC and ask for a copy of the form to see exactly what was done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
checked the fuses - although it stil sounds like fuel cut off switch on the right hand side of the dash , open the door and remove the panel and try again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts