2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

I'm new on the block so hello to you all!

I've had my 2008 civic EX for about a year now - (sub 8k miles on clock). I've noticed that the ride seems to be fairly stiff and choppy and that I seem to feel every bump even the smallest. This is my 2nd civic I had the 1.8 se on a 56 reg before this - some suspension problems on that model which were fixed under warranty.

The dealerships have told me that there is nothing wrong with the suspension in this 2008 Civic as it has the "new improved suspension"

Just want to know if anyone has had similar issues with your civics ride quality.

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I didn't think that Honda altered the suspension setup that much until the 09MY (and that's still only a rumour).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just feel dissappointed - lets face it - Honda is supposed to be the leader in innovative design compared to other japanese manufacturers like toyota and nissan.

I dont get why honda have gone backwards in designing torsion beam suspension and basic strut setup.

Shame its only on the civic - the Accord (2003-2008 ) suspension is way better.

·
Administrator
20,959 Posts
I totally agree.

When the times comes to change, if the latest Civic is much the same in the suspension stakes then I'm out.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
All you really need is a set of Eibach Springs ...

Stops the 'choppiness' \ bouncing ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts