·
Registered
453 Posts
[smilie=puking.gif]

I think this might be the new HR-V

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Looks OK and look like a real car... No a photoshop.

Edit: Actually, the more I look at it... it looks like a chop of the new CR-V (Bonnet line)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a rendering nonetheless but it's miles better than the crz+9thgen horrible mock seen on Autoexpress. It will probably have the 1.6 diesel and the 2.2. If Honda sorts out the niggles on the 9th gen, and gets the interior right, it may become an interesting player in 2014. Speaking of this supposed release date, it seems a bit too later, 2013 would be better.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Or mini Cr-V, who knows? Just happened to come across this image, it would be a lot better than the Auto Express mock up

A rendering of the possible back here. It should come out in 2013.
Disagree :)

The Autoexpress mockup was fine. The front end on this looks like the old Ford Maverick. Ugly!

What I don't understand about this rumoured thing is that the CR-V already is a compact SUV. It is already based on the Civic. Honda invented the segment. In the later generations they have even made it more crossovery.

What is the point in a slightly smaller one?

·
Registered
365 Posts
If Honda sorts out the niggles on the 9th gen, and gets the interior right, it may become an interesting player in 2014.
Hmm, what niggles are they then? Had mine 5 months, zero niggles. Previously had two 8th Gens, multiple niggles! As for "gets the interior right", there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, i've yet to see a better interior in a hatchback than my EX GT.

Steve

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Cant see the image but there are plans for a crossover in the future.

The New CR-V will be here in October

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hmm, what niggles are they then? Had mine 5 months, zero niggles. Previously had two 8th Gens, multiple niggles! As for "gets the interior right", there's nothing wrong with it. In fact, i've yet to see a better interior in a hatchback than my EX GT.

Steve
Massive +1 :)

I had 2 8th Gens too, and it's interior was good (Just rattled and squeaked).... Spend a few days driving a 9th and then you will see 'How Right' Honda got it and how much better it is :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, I was referring to what doesn't work in the 9g interior for me. The lack of the box in front of the gear lever, the lowered roof on the back space, the cheap looking (and feeling) steering wheel. And then more in the user/driver experience: the absence of a native and proper infotainment system on par with the current tech (ie, the app-enabled Pioneer headunits, or an Android system, or one just like the new A-Class), the strange behaviour of the trip computer that requires you to stop to change the displayed info, and some more I can't recall here at work :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to what doesn't work in the 9g interior for me. The lack of the box in front of the gear lever, the lowered roof on the back space, the cheap looking (and feeling) steering wheel. And then more in the user/driver experience: the absence of a native and proper infotainment system on par with the current tech (ie, the app-enabled Pioneer headunits, or an Android system, or one just like the new A-Class), the strange behaviour of the trip computer that requires you to stop to change the displayed info, and some more I can't recall here at work :)
Personally, I haven't found the trip computer to be an issue for me. Displayed everything I needed once I set it up.

There's plenty of storage space in the cabin without the box in front of the gear lever. The cabin has more storage than any other current hatchback I can think of. Overall, probably the largest cabin in it's class.

Steering wheel feels fine to me. Slightly thicker than the 8th Gen.

Sound system is better than the upgrade I had on the 8th Gen.

Added bonus of no rattles whatsoever after 5 months ownership.

Sorry, guess I just can't agree with any of the issues you raise.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts